851 RWHP TT 2004 Cobra

• Sponsors (?)

700+rwhp cobra with good driver low 10sec easy. with twin
turbo 851rwhp should be easy 9mid to high 9.
That guy have so much power but can't drive for ****.
Even with 265rwhp I pulled 13.5 , damn I must be pretty good :)

Sorry, guess you are all John Force when you get in a new setup for the first time. Shakedown runs, ever heard of them? These were passes 1 and 2 on film. Was not there the next week when he went 11.44. Car is more than capable of going a 10, but considering the owner has only been down the track mabey 10 total times in his life, I dont think that is too shabby.

I'm sure I wouldn't be able to pull any better times with that car myself. I ain't knocking his driving... I just think his setup is a complete waste as far as a DD is concerned.

I guess I'm just not into turbos unless they're for an all out race car or someone who's into "roll racing"... a twin screw is much more fun for a daily driver like his. Making big peak HP numbers is fun and great for bragging rights, but I'd rather have the low end grunt a twin screw provides. You watch that video and the engine just kind of lags along lazily until about 3500 and then it literally EXPLODES all the way to redline. Sorry, but that's not the kind of power I want in my personal daily driver... to each his own I guess.

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
I'm sure I wouldn't be able to pull any better times with that car myself. I ain't knocking his driving... I just think his setup is a complete waste as far as a DD is concerned.

I guess I'm just not into turbos unless they're for an all out race car or someone who's into "roll racing"... a twin screw is much more fun for a daily driver like his. Making big peak HP numbers is fun and great for bragging rights, but I'd rather have the low end grunt a twin screw provides. You watch that video and the engine just kind of lags along lazily until about 3500 and then it literally EXPLODES all the way to redline. Sorry, but that's not the kind of power I want in my personal daily driver... to each his own I guess.

U.M.

same here i prefer the low end grunt of the twin screw

Looks like he was running around 20PSI....takes too long for spool up when you get up there. Ill have a full 8PSI by about 2500 (thats all I want)...actually not much longer than a KB. But still responce doesnt compare to the KB. But on the street boost for him should come on faster.

Ok, WHY DID HE GET BIGGER TURBOS!!!!!!!! He has enough lag as it is....he cant even drive it to its potential. I mean comeon, how much do you need? Perfect example of someone with WAY too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on their hands lol.

hotmustang331 said:
Looks like he was running around 20PSI....takes too long for spool up when you get up there. Ill have a full 8PSI by about 2500 (thats all I want)...actually not much longer than a KB. But still responce doesnt compare to the KB. But on the street boost for him should come on faster.

Ok, WHY DID HE GET BIGGER TURBOS!!!!!!!! He has enough lag as it is....he cant even drive it to its potential. I mean comeon, how much do you need? Perfect example of someone with WAY too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on their hands lol.

On the street, it makes enough boost by 3500 rpm. It is a little laggy on the dyno. He can drive just fine.:nice: And is there ever enough?:D

Ackbar00 said:
On the street, it makes enough boost by 3500 rpm. It is a little laggy on the dyno. He can drive just fine.:nice: And is there ever enough?:D

Yea I figured boost would come on sooner on the street. So full 20PSI @ 3500RPMs?

Well I guess that depends on who you are :D. I would thing when you get to the point where on the street, you cant hook up at highway speed when you go WOT....then thats where you should stop haha. Unless you want to take out the darn supra dyno queen guys on the street and teach them a lesson :shrug:

yanno whats strange.. dynospeeds TT cobra also made 851rwhp.. lol. it was featured in 5.0 mag a couple of times actually. it ran low 10s. my buddies cobra that makes 512rwhp runs low 11's even.

Thought I would give an update on this car. No changes have been made to the 805HP pump gas tune. Owner still drives it daily. Has over 10,000 miles on it since the turbo kit was installed. He is currently living in Florida, says it gets over 25 MPG on the highway and the AC still blows cold. He never took it to the track again, and has no plans too. Simply an amazing car for how stock it is.

Latest Dyno:
http://usera.imagecave.com/ackbar00/DocsPumpDyno.jpg

The 904 rwhp was spraying the intercooler with nitrious. We only sprayed the intercooler because a local Supra guy did as well. We wanted to keep things fair. :) BTW, the Supra only made 875 on 116 spraying the IC ;)

what a waste. guy doesnt even know how to drive his car to its potential :notnice: 600+hp is waaaayyyy too much for the street. he cant even drive well at the track, what makes him think he can drive it well on the street? accident waiting to happen unfortunately :notnice: not hating on the car; b/c its bad ass...just cant believe someone would be stupid enough to drive it on the street everyday (unless hes turning boost way down).