88 5.0 Computer Might Be Damaged ?

I pulled my computer and looks like its damaged.. What's the process for the fix?
Thanks for everything to everyone.

Attachments

• 1425679027633683237590.jpg
    1425679027633683237590.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 215
  • Sponsors (?)

Another pic of the computer, if you could or someone just tell me (show me lol) where to solder a new wire on to fix this (my) f-up I will be greatfull.
Thanks... I'm trying to get my car up and running and you guys are great, and know your Mustangs very well..:)

Attachments

• 14256798648881301704938.jpg
    14256798648881301704938.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 216
Just solder a wire between the solder points above and below the burnt trace. 28 or 30 gauge will be fine.
ok thanks, I know the lower solder point Is, by where the computer plugs in but it's kind of hard to tell with the upper solder point is.could you give me a reference. Please, and thank you. I don't want to mess this up for a second time, lol

First one above the burnt circuit, and to the left.
Thanks so much, I got it working. I can't thank you guys enough, I couldn't of done it without your help :)
I am now going to be installing a Explorer GT40 intake and resetting my idle and tps. Also want to check my timing , is 10° a good starting point?
Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
10* is the factory setting. They usually run the best with a few extra degrees adv around 12-15*. But start at 10. Also depends on what octane fuel you use. If you use 87 keep the 10*

10* is the factory setting. They usually run the best with a few extra degrees adv around 12-15*. But start at 10. Also depends on what octane fuel you use. If you use 87 keep the 10*
Ok, thank you. I run premium 91 or 93 it's available at a few places around me. I'll shoot for 10, and adjust from there.
I have a couple codes now that I'm trying to figure out.
With engine off key on, 51,22,54,81,85.
With engine running, 98,54,51.
Any advice? And as always thanks.. :)

Might want to unplug the ACT and ECT sensor, and check that you have 5v between the two terminals in the connector. Looks there might still be an issue with the SIGRTN circuit. But that depends on what you find when you test for voltage.

How did you pull the codes?

Might want to unplug the ACT and ECT sensor, and check that you have 5v between the two terminals in the connector. Looks there might still be an issue with the SIGRTN circuit. But that depends on what you find when you test for voltage.

How did you pull the codes?
I used a actron scanner, when I do is a key on engine off test I don't get an 11, I get kind of a fuzzy blank. then it's followed by a code 51, 22, 54, 81, and 85. when I do a key on engine running test I get a code 98, 54, and 51. I think I'm having trouble dumping the codes I started another threa I sync code 54, and 51 are the a ACT and ECT sensors. I have a new ECT sensor to put in because its broke, but I do not know where the ACT sensor is ..lol
Thanks.

The ACT for 5.0 Mustangs lives in the lower intake manifold #5 runner.

act-ect-sensor-locations-gif.531405

Attachments

• ACT & ECT sensor locations.gif
    ACT & ECT sensor locations.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,813
Last edited:
The ACT for 5.0 Mustangs lives in the lower intake manifold #5 runner.

act-ect-sensor-locations-gif.531405
Thanks, I found it. I had nothing plugged it into my harness (no sensor).I replace that I just laid it on my intake,I'm getting a new gt40 upper and lower on Monday with the number 5 tapped and drilled.
now I'm working on some other issues that you guys are helping me with my other thread. It's code 22. I'm doing tests and sent a pic of what I think you told me to look for in my other thread..
Thanks for everything. Im not giving up, with your guy's help I know I can figure it out...