89W68IZ

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
It's an idea for a custom plate, so I thought I'd put it up to see if anybody could figure it out w/o seeing the car.

Speaking of the car, I was at my wits end,..The garage is so bad I can't stand it, The progress on the car seems to be going backwards, and the bodywork is driving me insane. So I pushed the damn thing out to clean out the garage, while it was out in the sun I figured I throw the grille and the driving lights on it for the full effect.
mustangengineswap093ne.jpg

mustangengineswap094.jpg

mustangengineswap095.jpg

mustangengineswap096.jpg

mustangengineswap097.jpg

mustangengineswap098.jpg

mustangengineswap099.jpg

Whad'ya think about the plate Idea?

• Sponsors (?)

My guess 89 was (w) 68 is (iz). Wow that is quite a project, can imagine you are going insane with the body work. Looks like you are on the home stretch now!

First off never been a big fan of the notch fox so not a huge fan of the rear. Also maybe proportions or what every? Cannot get past the hood scoop maybe the hood is to short on the fox? Don’t know? Me thinks it would look better with a shorter length and less height scoop. The front nose looks great! Very well thought out from width to fit looks very nice.

Watched the youtube video quite a bit of work on different race cars. Did you like the playing with MFI system in racing? I assume alcohol? Done a bit with it in tractor pulling with a NA alcohol inline6 and would never go back to carb, ever.

Scott

My guess 89 was (w) 68 is (iz). Wow that is quite a project, can imagine you are going insane with the body work. Looks like you are on the home stretch now!

First off never been a big fan of the notch fox so not a huge fan of the rear. Also maybe proportions or what every? Cannot get past the hood scoop maybe the hood is to short on the fox? Don’t know? Me thinks it would look better with a shorter length and less height scoop. The front nose looks great! Very well thought out from width to fit looks very nice.

Watched the youtube video quite a bit of work on different race cars. Did you like the playing with MFI system in racing? I assume alcohol? Done a bit with it in tractor pulling with a NA alcohol inline6 and would never go back to carb, ever.

Scott

no, 89 with 68 eyes. (No cookie for you.) I am one of those people that wonder why people spend money on personalized plates if nobody can figure out what they are trying to say. So I figured that I'd try it here before buying it there.

There is a method to the madness, the car is a tribute to a late 60's pony car and the proportions pay homage to it. The hood scoop will somewhat shrink when its painted the same color as the hood, and the front overhang did get smaller when the front end changed and that definitely makes it look even larger, but it's what I wanted.

The MFI was first generation. I think I was #5 to purchase. It was definitely a methanol /turbo combo. but it kept hurting itself, and each time was about a 1000.00 fix to get it back running. I didn't have the money to keep up the learning curve, so I sold the MFI, and dropped down to non turbo class.

I gotta be honest, I didn't get it until you explained it. My plate is SL0 50H and probably 3 out of 10 people get it. Most ask "what does slow fifty 'h' mean?" :shrug:

You know what's funny is after I saw you mention "50 H" I couldn't figure it out for a minute either (took me about the same amount of time to get "89 with 68 eyes"). If I saw that any other time I'm sure I'd think "slow 5 oh" right off the bat though.

its a good one, i seen an suv friday with DROPDED and i thought that was good too. my issue w/ custom plates is when you play or do something stupid its to easy for people to get your plate # but when the car looks like that they wont need it to find you.lol

I got the plate right away, but I think that if you weren't looking for it, it would look like just any other plate. Lots of numbers and letters.

As awesome as the bodywork is, the engine MAKES that car. To an untrained eye, it looks like that engine is fresh out of the 60s. So badass!

I got the plate right away, but I think that if you weren't looking for it, it would look like just any other plate. Lots of numbers and letters.

As awesome as the bodywork is, the engine MAKES that car. To an untrained eye, it looks like that engine is fresh out of the 60s. So badass!

Thanks man! I didn't want it to be too easy. The plate goes hand-in-hand w/ the car. While you might not get it from behind, coming around in front should set off the light bulb for most folks.
I see you're back from your out of the country excursion. Welcome back.

I'm gonna raise the carb up an inch and put it fully into the "baby blue garage on my hood" and then it'll definitely be ram-air like the decal says.

Does you know if bigger overhead cams will lope like a conventional OHV cam will when I get some aftermarket pair to replace the stockers? That is really all I intend to do to the engine to finish off my anemic Cobra jet 4.6.
I'm only looking to duplicate a factory musclecar idle, but having never heard
a 2v that had them in there, I won't buy them if they don't sound right.

Thanks man! I didn't want it to be too easy. The plate goes hand-in-hand w/ the car. While you might not get it from behind, coming around in front should set off the light bulb for most folks.
I see you're back from your out of the country excursion. Welcome back.

I'm gonna raise the carb up an inch and put it fully into the "baby blue garage on my hood" and then it'll definitely be ram-air like the decal says.

Does you know if bigger overhead cams will lope like a conventional OHV cam will when I get some aftermarket pair to replace the stockers? That is really all I intend to do to the engine to finish off my anemic Cobra jet 4.6.
I'm only looking to duplicate a factory musclecar idle, but having never heard
a 2v that had them in there, I won't buy them if they don't sound right.

Oh yea, you can cam a two valve Mod 4.6 to sound like a musclecar. Youtube it!

Here is a quick one that I found. Not sure what other mods he has, but obviously has a good lopey idle to it.

YouTube - Cammed 4.6 2v

Wheels? Those are brand new 17x6.5, and 17x10 Ponys. They are the wheels.:)

Where/when did you get those wheels? From what I understand, Late Model Restoration isnt selling them anymore.. :shrug:

I thought of using my user name as a license plate. TWNWHR. If its not obvious, its Town Whore. Its my cars nickname because Im the third of my friends to own it, so EVERYONE has had a ride in her. LOL.. I think its funny because most people wont know what it says, but all my friends will..

Where/when did you get those wheels? From what I understand, Late Model Restoration isnt selling them anymore.. :shrug:

I thought of using my user name as a license plate. TWNWHR. If its not obvious, its Town Whore. Its my cars nickname because Im the third of my friends to own it, so EVERYONE has had a ride in her. LOL.. I think its funny because most people wont know what it says, but all my friends will..

It's a crazy name, Mavromont industries. They are in FLA., online, and on ebay. They were the supplier to LRS, but could not keep up w/ demand from them so the relationship went south from there. The Backs are 7.2" back spaced 10's,(normal B/S is 6.8") that I bought direct from them, at 140.00 ea. and the 6.5's on ebay at 80.00 ea. I've had them since Christmas. The only thing I don't like about them is that they are called pony R's and that logo is on the center cap.

I guessed your user name as soon as I saw it. (good luck on getting your local DMV to stamp it if you choose to use it)
Even if you got past that, you still might want to reconsider,...people won't/don't that your talking about the car and not the driver. Because everybody knows, there are still Bitches who wear Britches :nono:

good luck on getting your local DMV to stamp it if you choose to use it

I used to hang with a guy who had FN MINT on his plate. He claimed that the DMV resisted, but he came up with some elaborate story behind the "FN" that they actually believed and so let the plate go through. I cant remember what the story was now, but it had something to do with a fake business name he came up with. :rlaugh:

Oh yea, you can cam a two valve Mod 4.6 to sound like a musclecar. Youtube it!

Here is a quick one that I found. Not sure what other mods he has, but obviously has a good lopey idle to it.

YouTube - Cammed 4.6 2v

Yeah, I went to the link, exactly what I'm looking for.

That will be the final mod to finish off the engine. I think it'll make the 335 HP (factory CJ net HP rating) I'm looking for.

Although after having a turbo, it'll only be a matter of time. The fact that I have to completely rebuild the bottom end of a 75k engine is what stops me from even considering it.

Have you seen the current Hotrod mag where they take a completely stock $215.00 junkyard PI 2v, add 30 lb/hr injectors, a 76 mm chinese turbo and an air-to-water intercooler and make 594 FWHP @14.5 on 100 octane?
How long would you say till ...........BOOM!

Yeah, I went to the link, exactly what I'm looking for.

That will be the final mod to finish off the engine. I think it'll make the 335 HP (factory CJ net HP rating) I'm looking for.

Although after having a turbo, it'll only be a matter of time. The fact that I have to completely rebuild the bottom end of a 75k engine is what stops me from even considering it.

Have you seen the current Hotrod mag where they take a completely stock $215.00 junkyard PI 2v, add 30 lb/hr injectors, a 76 mm chinese turbo and an air-to-water intercooler and make 594 FWHP @14.5 on 100 octane?
How long would you say till ...........BOOM!

Haha, yea I have seen that. I imagine you could use a better turbo system and keep the power to 500 or less, have a spot on tune, and it would be a little more realistic. Those Mod motors are reliable as hell, but obviously it's not going to handle detonation very well with the frail pistons and rods.