90 lx with Vortech SC performance

• Sponsors (?)

Im assuming stock motor other than the supercharger? Ide say high 13s maybe low 14s on street tires, ifyou had some good tires you might see mid 13s. I know of a guy local that has heads cam intake with a vortec S trim on mickey thompsons with an auto that was runnin 8.9s at the 1/8th while my HCI NA car on same tires was runnin 8.2s. Its all in the combo and how well you can get it off the line. Go take it down the strip and let us know what it does!
Matt

88 LX w/Vortech V-3 SCI

I am in the process of installing a Vortech V-3 SCI on my 88 LX. It should put out 5 to 6 lbs of boost. How much horse power do you think I will see?

Stock block, heads and cam
Edelbrock Upper and lower intake
Shorty headers
Off road H-pipe
Flomaster 40 series muflers

I am in the process of installing a Vortech V-3 SCI on my 88 LX. It should put out 5 to 6 lbs of boost. How much horse power do you think I will see?

Stock block, heads and cam
Edelbrock Upper and lower intake
Shorty headers
Off road H-pipe
Flomaster 40 series muflers

Anywhere from 10-15 hp is the general rule for boost. I would say probably about 10hp per psi for a 5.0. may get about 300rwhp, give or take a few.

Im assuming stock motor other than the supercharger? Ide say high 13s maybe low 14s on street tires, ifyou had some good tires you might see mid 13s. I know of a guy local that has heads cam intake with a vortec S trim on mickey thompsons with an auto that was runnin 8.9s at the 1/8th while my HCI NA car on same tires was runnin 8.2s. Its all in the combo and how well you can get it off the line. Go take it down the strip and let us know what it does!
Matt

I am a prime example. Even though my is stick. And set up more for handling. But anyway, it all depends on how well the car is driven from the line. I can drive my N/A car with 230rwhp to same times as my 400hp car. It all depends....

Yeah the general rule of thumb is 10 HP for every 1 lb of boost. So 7 psi is about 70 Horsepower. I used to have an automatic with full exhaust and gears thats it. It ran 14.7 @ 93 mph so Im guessing you can muster a high 13 at about 100 or so.

I see low 14's/high 13's @ 100mph or less, good news tho...throw ANY set of aftermarket heads, even junkyard gt40's with an exployer intake and headers, maybe a cam if in budget...you will make a lot more hp!