93 octane?

• Sponsors (?)

also premium fuel has more additives, when cool fuel sprays down on a hot intake valve you get more deposits!!

Attachments

• octa_image5.jpg
    octa_image5.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 68
I dont know about you guys saying that using 93 wont do anything unless the timming is bumped but I belive your wrong. Running a higher octane fuel will keep from deposits from building up and when my car was stock it always ran better on 93 then it did on 87

I was having pinging issues with 7* timing on 93 octane. Then I started using that new shell v-power and in about 600 miles my car stopped knocking completely and it has a lot more power! don't really know what is going on here.

jetuomi said:
higher octane allows more pressure or temperature before ignition.. so, if you're stock, and your car runs fine on 87, then no benefits will be realized, and, actually, you might loose power??

ur dead on right there. run the lowest possible octane without causing detonation (sometimes it happens and you cant hear it). the higher the octane, the harder it is to burn. that vpower stuff has injector cleaner in it (the alcohol makes it a lil harder to burn but also cleans deposits). you should "lose" power with a higher octane but not too much is noticable. if ur car takes 87 fine and you start using 93 for awhile, your car will start to require 93 and you wont be able to go back down to 87 anymore.

this sums it up pretty decently http://www.ricehatersclub.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9836