94/95 brakes on a fox?

ls1beater4eva

May 13, 2005
mooresville
ok i have a complete 95 gt mustangthat has been hit but all brakes and hardware is good i have allready pulled the rear and front brake set up and was wundering if there was anything else i needed off this car to finish this brake swap i allso took the perportioning valve as well am i missing nething? allson can i do this swap and still be able to run my 90/10 struts on these spindale i was told that i would have to add a washer between the strut and spindale. well thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

You don't want the prop valve. It's not correct for your car.

You DO want the MC and booster however. You'll need to purchase an adjstable aftermarket prop valve and FMS prop valve plug to finish it off.

Don't use the 94/95 front calipers. Ebay then and search for a set of 99-04 GT.V6 calipers and lines. They can be had pretty cheap. I got a set for $25. Well worth the upgrade in stopping power

As for your struts, if your Fox is an original 87-93 V8 car, you will be fine. If it was a 4 cyl without 87-93 V8 brakes or 79-86 V8 car, you will need to run spacers on the bolts, since the newer spindles are narrower where the struts mount. Plus the holes will need modifying to mount the bolts.

Ditto on the 99-04 calipers.

ok so the brake booster does fit the foxbody then i was told it didnt fit so i left in the car ill be taking that stuff off tomorrow the only thing i have left to get now is the new prop valve

Well, it is not a direct, drop in fit. You will need to elongate a few of the holes in the firewall to get it to fit, but hundreds of guys have done it. There are some tech articles and info on the internet.

Is your car a 87-93? If it is, then since you do have the 95 proportioning valve (which is actually a combination valve, with a PV and a safety shuttle valve combo) then I would use the 95 combo valve to keep from having to get a 3 to 2 port conversion to take care of the 3rd brake line on the Fox MC that the 95 MC does not have. The 3rd line goes to the back of the Sn95 valve. Then gut the SN95 valve and use the adjustable PV. You might just be able to use the SN95 rear fitting on the Fox valve too.

Info is in the website above - read it and most of your questions will be answered!

Good luck!

You don't want the prop valve. It's not correct for your car.

You DO want the MC and booster however. You'll need to purchase an adjstable aftermarket prop valve and FMS prop valve plug to finish it off.

Don't use the 94/95 front calipers. Ebay then and search for a set of 99-04 GT.V6 calipers and lines. They can be had pretty cheap. I got a set for $25. Well worth the upgrade in stopping power

Not to derail, but what would be needed to run these over the 94-95 stuff? I have 94-95 but could get the newer stuff cheap.

Not to derail, but what would be needed to run these over the 94-95 stuff? I have 94-95 but could get the newer stuff cheap.

94-95 spindles with 99-04 PBR calipers?

Simple: :D Bolt up the caliper bracket to the spindle. Then bolt the bottom of the caliper to the bracket. Try to close the caliper in and bolt it in. You will find out that you cannot do it because the caliper is hitting the stud on the 94-95 spindle where the caliper bracket bolts into. You need to simply grind the spindle down where the piston is hitting it. Maybe like a 1/4" or so. It only takes a few mintues perside to do this. I did it on my 91 notch. Car stops great and the calipers are lighter than 94-98 stuff.

Calipers + brake lines...unless you have aftermarket SS lines.

The rotors are the same, but the 99-04 rotors are made of a better steel.

WIth 94-95 spindles, you may have to grind the spindle very slightly. Just try to bolt the caliper up with the rotor not in place and you'll see what needs to be done.

Very easy to do and well worth it.

ok well i am being told that i cant run my 90/10 struts off my fox with 95 spindles for the simple fact that they will bottom out or some crap like that so i guess i have to buy new struts?? anybody ever hear of this problem?

Well you can run Fox struts on SN95 spindles. The strut body is actually shorter than the SN95 struts so SN95 guys who lower their cars tend to run the fox struts to avoid bottoming out.

As to if the problem is with the 90/10's? I don;t know. But the strut will physically work.