94-95 crowd is a dying breed...

Yobi1Kanobi

Apr 9, 2003
Well went to the local hang out today the towers. I was the only 94 :shrug: What the hell man I mean it was kinda a slow night but hell come on....Does this seem to be the common with you guys too.

There were 05, NEW EDGES and even foxes....But holding down the 94 fort was loney ol me:D

• Sponsors (?)

with our "new" body style/int. with the old LEGEND 5.0 motor...I find it more and more people are looking at the red headed step child as a great platform all around. Soft stock but with the strong aftermarket support I think in the long run these years will be like a real peak in all around mustangs of the era. The fox changed and moved the scene while the 94-95 refined what was to become a legend only to just say goodbuy to the motor that changed the world. In 20 more years these will be the hemi's of old.

All the talk of 300+rwhp and running mid/low 13's stock...something that a 87gt could do with slicks, shortbelt, timing, and a good driver and in some cases beat. Call me bone headed but 21yrs later and almost 100 more hp excuse me for not getting super duper get up and wet myself excited. Performance wise...that is why the 5.0 is a legand. Not for what it had but for what it did with so little that it had.

Dont get me wrong I love a clean fox and the 05+ is sexy. I would love to have either. I just can not in the end walk away from my 94 to have one.

In the end I think we are kind of like the II's. We are having fun with a car we like that most dont have as the 1st choice for mustang. The group here is like many have said well behaved and just a good group. We are all here to learn and have fun...at least I am and get that vib from many others. Numbers go down and up as new people get into a much more affordable mustang. Just as some leave as they are tired...moving on...cant afford to do what they want. Welcome all and welcome all to come back if they ever decide to.

Nothing is dead until no one wants one at all...and if anything no matter what mustang you have...many only get the chance to dream of owning one. We are all lucky to have a part in the legend that is the mustang.

end soap box :SNSign:

You don't see many of ours around. I've even had few younger mustang kids on base want to check it out and they were surprized it had a 5.0L in it! They were were like "I didn't know this body style came with that motor." Made me think to want hold on to it even more now. That's why I haven't changed the 94-95 exterior look of my car that much. I even bought a second set of tail lights to hold on to because they are getting hard & expensive to find.

I like driving and trying to spot 94-95's. I think we are becoming a rare breed...

Reactions: 1 user
LOL well then maybe @ car shows theyll have a 94-95 class and youll be the only one in it... youll go home with 3 trophies... 1st, 2nd and 3rd lol jk

its funny this came up because i got a close group of friends, we all own mustang...there are 5 of us that own this body style... and the others have new edges... more of us then the new edges in the group believe it or not...

its like every car show ive gone to this year has been absolutely OWNED by 05+.. its pretty rediculous... especially when its gettin to the point at car shows(one local one in particular) that puts mustangs in an open mustang class... i cant win against that! its crazy!

Around Atlanta, I rarely see a 94/95 that isn't a V6 and even those are pretty rare. I get lots of comments on mine. Seems more people nowdays don't realize my car has a 5.0, but when I tell them so they seem a lot more interested.

Kids at the local car wash go nuts over my 94 and how not beat up it is. The exhaust is a thriller too. :) The parents with the minivans/SUVs just look stunned when they see that a kid doesn't own that car. Getting older doesn't mean you can't have fun and still enjoy a muscle car.

I kind of like being "rare" in my town.

Ive seen one other 94-95 GT here in Cedar Rapids, but Im sure that has to be a couple that I just havent run into. Im proud to be part of this group on Stangnet! Yall are all great guys, and have helped me more times than I can count. I didnt like the horizontal tails at first, but they have grown on me to the point that Im proud to have them. I actually bought my '95 just because it had the 5.0, but was more modern and had 4 wheel disk brakes. It was a great transition from my old fox in high school. I hope that our cars dont all die off, but at least I know mine will stay on the street for years to come!

I totally disagree with the mustang 2 or read headed crap I hear. Not flaming anyone here cuz yuo all are super but I dont identify with that at all. I think some of you put our cars down too much with that talk.

Why? Our cars brought the new age with several enhancements badly needed like 4 wheel disk, stiffer chassis, electric fan, greatly improved and redesigned interior!, bigger rims, all that AND the awesome 5.0 SOUND. The only downside was the added weight without the added performance. Now I think y'all stop thinking about "LS1's" vs mustang and look at the car for what it is..what I stated above. It was a great improvement OVER th fox body in all those areas. NOT like an old 74 cobra or whatever this red headed step crap I keep hearing..:notnice: Those were cars that were DOWNGRADED not upgraded. Yes we should have been equiped with 351's ..so...do what I did, beef er up !:nice:

therse are still a handfull of 94-95's in my area most are v6's and owned by girls but as many 5.0 gt's..a lot of 96~98 gts around my town...funny thing is when I had my car in my shop with the hood open and one guy was like " you got a 5.0!" most people didnt know sn95 had the 5.0 I purposely wanted a 94-95....for that and ended up with a GTS...which is cool but I dont like roll ups

Quite a few 94/95 rides around here (20+ that I know), I seem to get to know every new 94/95 guy being that I enjoy tuning on them.

Most are at least 13.99 cars but I did do a tune for a COMPLETELY stock AODE 'vert a couple weeks ago. I have to admit I forgot how far my car has come from it's 15.3 second quartermile days.

Wes

I totally disagree with the mustang 2 or read headed crap I hear. Not flaming anyone here cuz yuo all are super but I dont identify with that at all. I think some of you put our cars down too much with that talk.

Why? Our cars brought the new age with several enhancements badly needed like 4 wheel disk, stiffer chassis, electric fan, greatly improved and redesigned interior!, bigger rims, all that AND the awesome 5.0 SOUND. The only downside was the added weight without the added performance. Now I think y'all stop thinking about "LS1's" vs mustang and look at the car for what it is..what I stated above. It was a great improvement OVER th fox body in all those areas. NOT like an old 74 cobra or whatever this red headed step crap I keep hearing..:notnice: Those were cars that were DOWNGRADED not upgraded. Yes we should have been equiped with 351's ..so...do what I did, beef er up !:nice:

The only comparo I meant was regarding how those guys who are II fans are hardcore. I 100% agree, they were a downgrade, but they are the reason we have a mustang now...and those guys are LOYAL. I think that is something to be proud of.

The redheaded step child is a good valid comment if you think about it. 5.0 in what would become a 4.6 platform. EEC that is a "mix" of 5.0 and 4.6 eec tech. We are not totaly 5.0 fox and we are not totaly 4.6 96-98 either to me = redheaded stepchild.

neither is a bad thing.

Kids at the local car wash go nuts over my 94 and how not beat up it is. The exhaust is a thriller too. :) The parents with the minivans/SUVs just look stunned when they see that a kid doesn't own that car. Getting older doesn't mean you can't have fun and still enjoy a muscle car.

I kind of like being "rare" in my town.

I get the same thing! Balding 42yr old that drives a clean 5.0 Mustang, I once got "is that your sons car?" I said "no kids- It's my toy!"

Foose4.jpg