94/95 MAF

Shakerhood

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 28, 2004
Ohio
I just bought a Meter that came off a 94 or 95 Mustang, but the Sensors Electronics P/N do not match what I have found under the Search on here. From what I could dig up the P/N for the Sensor should be F2VF-12B579-A2A, but mine is F2VF-12B579-A1A, am I ok to run with this Meter?

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought a Meter that came off a 94 or 95 Mustang, but the Sensors Electronics P/N do not match what I have found under the Search on here. From what I could dig up the P/N for the Sensor should be F2VF-12B579-A2A, but mine is F2VF-12B579-A1A, am I ok to run with this Meter?

That's what I have, and it works good. I need to append the tech note to include a part number minus the A2A on the end. Evidently the -xxx on the end of the part number is a minor variant that did not change the operating specs.

That's what I have, and it works good. I need to append the tech note to include a part number minus the A2A on the end. Evidently the -xxx on the end of the part number is a minor variant that did not change the operating specs.

There is another number set up under the P/N is that of any importance? Mine says AFH70-04

There is another number set up under the P/N is that of any importance? Mine says AFH70-04

I have come to understand that "AFH70" means that the mass air meter that sensor belongs to is 70mm size. I haven't read that anywhere but I concluded that from seeing/buying a number of different mafs with the sensors still attached to them. For instance, the sensor for a stock 89 - 93 5.0 mustang maf says AFH55, where the size of the meter is 55mm.

Isn't the maf for a '94 - '95 5.0 mustang 70mm??

I have come to understand that "AFH70" means that the mass air meter that sensor belongs to is 70mm size. I haven't read that anywhere but I concluded that from seeing/buying a number of different mafs with the sensors still attached to them. For instance, the sensor for a stock 89 - 93 5.0 mustang maf says AFH55, where the size of the meter is 55mm.

Isn't the maf for a '94 - '95 5.0 mustang 70mm??

That sounds very logical to me.