94-95 vs 96-98 Taillights

Which do you like better?

• Total voters
96-98 taillights with sequential setup from classic design concepts...and they are clear :D
40584172.jpg

Attachments

• 40584172.jpg
    40584172.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Sponsors (?)

The only thing about the 96-98 tails is the whole "history" thing with vert. tails, But I do think it is important to keep the history of the only 5.0 (in a sn95) and the last 5.0 tail lights alive.

Clean up those tails, they will be the orig. chrome bumpers of the 60's mustangs to us.

nonlocality said:
how do you wet sand em, and where can i get a wet sander?
Just use 1000 grit sandpaper and water.

You should NOT have to start at 400 and work your way up. If anything, you can probably start at 800, then go to 1500. This is not as specific and necessary as polishing metal.
These 2 pics show the before and after.

652106TailLightDirt1.jpg

652107TailLightDirt2.jpg

RC

I know this won't be popular but I put the 96-98 style (in black) on my 95 Cobra. The cars Rio red and the 94-95's just seemed to blend right in to the trunk. They can both lool good depending on the color scheme, it all comes down to what ya like.

COBRA8, what was involved in the conversion of the taillights? Did you use the 94/95 harness or the 96/98 harness? If you used the 94/95 harness, what sockets did you replace and in what order did the sockets go in the taillights? Im doing this swap right now and need a hand!

I love the 96-98 lights, they are my preference.

However, in the first post, he says:

over getting the 96-98 taillights for the 5.0's

I think the 5.0s should have the vertical. It lets us know it's a real 5.0, 94-95 were the only years that had these lights as we all know, so I say they should have em.

mustang90 said:
COBRA8, what was involved in the conversion of the taillights? Did you use the 94/95 harness or the 96/98 harness? If you used the 94/95 harness, what sockets did you replace and in what order did the sockets go in the taillights? Im doing this swap right now and need a hand!

You will need the 96-98 harness. I bought my lights from the dealer and the harness was included,I did have to buy two extra bulbs. There real easy to put in. Just pull the siding in the trunk back and you can see where there bolted in. I dont remember what size socket I used but theres only 5 or 6 on each light. Once you take the nuts off they fall right out. I'm not sure what you mean by repalcing sockets? Trust me I can't do anything but this was a piece of cake.

1995 Cobra 19,000 miles
H-pipe and Flowmasters
Eibach springs
UPR shifter

the only reason the poll over in the 4.6 forums is closer is cuz us 94-95 guys invaded them and voted over there while they didnt vote over here....someone should lose their job at the Stangnet research facility for not keeping a controlled environment....

Anthony

P.S 94-95 tails OWN!!!!

and i noticed another thing...itsn't that a GT? that's just not cool puttin cobra badges and the cobra rear bumper on it...

I dont see the big deal.. We all want our cars to look good, i personally think the 98cobra rear bumper/front/98cobra hood looks the best. What your saying is dumb, cause tons of people put saleen bumpers on there cars, but are not true saleens. Who cares what people have on their cars, its all for fun.