97 5 lug axles work?

Gotta pay to play...

yeah...ive noticed but i added up how much i have put into my car so far...

gonna round up a little bit

1,600 for 88 mustang, came with new top and new trans...
500 for cables, top pads front and rear..
600 spent getting it running and doing a some things that needed done..breaks, rotors..( kinda sucks since after i bout new rotors i want to go 5 lug now) shocks, fuel pump, plugs, wires, dis, ect ect ect ect fulids in everything...
and i spent like 40 bucks making the interior black :) WORTH IT
oh and 30 bucks for the trunk lid...

so so far i have spent...$2,770.....

1,600 for car
1,170 on everything else.....

budge is 3,500 total...i still have $730 in my safe for paint...sweet ill make it without going over budget....

doing all the body work,paint yourself helps alot.

• Sponsors (?)

Not including the purchase price of the car of $4500......$7000ish

That's spread out over the course of 6-7 years though. So $1000/year isn't bad when you think of it that way.

Not including the purchase price of the car of $4500......$7000ish

That's spread out over the course of 6-7 years though. So $1000/year isn't bad when you think of it that way.

thats not bad at all...my unlce had a lil over 25k in his...he was org owner bought new in 92 gt 5 speed...sold it 2 years ago...i wanted it :( but i didnt have the money....(3,700)

Lol, i'm not done either. I want a 6-spd...and possibly a 4V mod motor swap :)

Or if i stay pushrod...a 331 combo, but with the 6-spd ;)

Also, i have my friend giving me a lead on a $600 IRS that i might pick up. :)

Rule #1 in car modding:

NEVER add up what you've spent. Do it for the love of doing it. If you expect to ever get out what you put in, you're in the wrong hobby.

That's the key word..."Hobby". Thats what it is to me. Other people look and see puting money into a car as wasteful. It's not the same as general maintainence. It's a hobby to me so i have fun buying the parts, installing them and seeing them in action.

Of course, i have way too many hobbies.

I have $1500 in paintball equipment and i'm already looking into another $500 gun :(

Then there is my coin collecting hobby. You should see what i spend on a dime :nonono:

Then there is my 150 gallon freshwater planted aquarium.......

:bang:

I have a 150 gallon reef set up, 250 if you count the sumps and overflows. I prolly have about twice as much money tied up into my reef than I do in my stang. I watch it more than my tv.

Rule #1 in car modding:

NEVER add up what you've spent. Do it for the love of doing it. If you expect to ever get out what you put in, you're in the wrong hobby.

nah im not worried about that but! i keep all my receipts and such just in case when it gets sold for a LX hatch or something that i can show the guy who is interested in it what was all done at what mileage...( i put the mileage on the top of the recipe ts )