a/c delete

banks

Mar 29, 2009
the a/c is deleted in the hatch that i just picked up. I've got the motor out and am going over everything but i was wondering if there is a delete pully that i need when the a/c is deleted or can i just route the belt differently?

• Sponsors (?)

with a set of underdrive pulleys you will need to remove your tentioner as well. but it takes a 71.5 inch belt and no delete pulley or relocation kit is needed. if you have stock pulleys you will hafta figure out the belt size out on ur own.

Just get the March alternator adjustment rod and do away with the whole tensioner mess.

radrear.jpg

theres a pully as well as a kit that moves the power steering pump up to the old ac location.the p/s kit is better imo. phil

would you happen to have a p/n?

with a set of underdrive pulleys you will need to remove your tentioner as well. but it takes a 71.5 inch belt and no delete pulley or relocation kit is needed. if you have stock pulleys you will hafta figure out the belt size out on ur own.

Can you elaborate a little bit more on where the pullies go? i'll mostly likely only need to drive the alternator and power steering pump because i'm probably going to use an electric water pump and fan

Ford Racing A/C delete is the only delete you should consider. It's what comes on factory A/C delete cars

P/N is M-8511-A50

Cost is $40 at Summit/Jegs/Steeda....etc.

IMHO every other delete is not as good. They either add a pulley (which defeats the purpose of a delete and adds another part that can fail) or the belt does not route correctly and can slip off or fail.

Cliffs notes: M-8511-A50 > *

Ford Racing A/C delete is the only delete you should consider. It's what comes on factory A/C delete cars

P/N is M-8511-A50

Cost is $40 at Summit/Jegs/Steeda....etc.

IMHO every other delete is not as good. They either add a pulley (which defeats the purpose of a delete and adds another part that can fail) or the belt does not route correctly and can slip off or fail.

Cliffs notes: M-8511-A50 > *

thanks for the info, looks like a very nice kit. I'll probably go with that one

A friend of mine just bought a coupe and it has one of those AC idle pulley replacement things on it...it is the most ghetto looking part i've ever seen. Sure, it looks like billet aluminum, but it's just a big rectangular slab of aluminum with a pulley in the middle of it that bolts in place of the compressor. It looks completely out of place and just plain old cheap.