A/c help

Itkix

Mar 9, 2009
When I bought my car it had A/c removed everything down to the compressor wire cut off, so I bought a complete system from a guy got it on, vacuumed lines, replaced seals,added oil, sucked in freon 2 cans but cant get compressor to kick on, tried to jump it at the a/c cycle switch with 2 wires but still wouldn't kick on, anybody know if I can hardwire compressor to 12v and a ground to see if it would kick on, trying to figure if its comp., a wiring prob, or a switch, can only find one fuse for a/c and its under the dash and ok, flip to max cool and just blows warm air? Guess I could check at comp. with a test light if its getting power but dont know if that would work. O and comp. did set a couple of years on car, but not used.Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You can get a test light or a jumper wire to directly power the compressor to see if the clutch will catch on it. I forget which wire color it is, but you apply power to the one that is closest to the drivers side. With everything else on, it should already be grounded through the other wire.

If it does come on, my guess is the pressure switch on the accumulator or the CCRM. There really isnt a bunch else that controls the clutch.

Yeah. I would check and make sure you're getting power at the compressor. If you are, then the clutch coil is fried. Also, I would personally have went with a new or reman compressor. Also your orfice tube and accumulator should have been replaced with new parts too... :)

As far as the compressor, check for power and a good ground. If you have both, you should really get a new or reman compressor on there. Just save yourself the time and hassle.:nice:

Reactions: 1 user
Ok got some good news, ran direct power wire to compressor and used harness ground and it kicked on and is super quiet, bad news checked power wire from harness with test light and not getting any power, question is now where does power come from, unpluged sensor on top of accumaltor and jumped terminals together and still no power, sensor by radiator has 4 prongs so dont know how or if you can jump that, only one fuse right, does sensors kill power to compressor if bad, and last guess could be ccrm but fan and other things run fine, o and my ccrm is just hanging freely after blower install I dont know if that would hurt anything. Thanks

Thanks Hissin, I saw where you where going and stupid me I was trying to jump the sensor not the power wire, after I jumped the right way compressor is on, need new switch. Thanks, shew :hail2: