a/c, p/s, bracket delete DIY, PICS

OinkAodeOink

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2002
Daytona bch, Florida
Last post with pics, someone mentioned that this delete pulley/rod might not be strong enough to handle the stress of the serpintine belt. Well, i went back and added a side support and slip over tube ( both made of stainless steal). Stainless is actually easier to weld then mild steel, and it looks oh so much prettier, when polished..

Does this look like it will work? Tried to support it from the side load of the belt, with that brace. By the way, that bolt is grade 8, and is threaded into the head, pretty deep.

ac_ps_delete01.jpg

ac_ps_delete02.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Oink, looks like it will work. the only concern i have is the flex is giong to be stopped mostly from the bolt holding onto the water pump bolt. i totally would not leave that alone. Take a look at my paintshop. try and add extra bolts with a bracket connected to the other head bolt holes available on the head... later.

OinkAodeOink said:
maybe.. I might have access to a TIG welder, which would be AWSOME! then its time to start making custom intakes, spacers, deletes, innercoolers, ect..( aluminum welding)
I love design and making things, think it shows.

when you decide to start making intercoolers and custom intakes you let me know....

Anthony

Still have to get the right length bolt, to do away with that nut ( as a spacer for now), and make a coil mount.
Its double wall stainless tubing, with a grade 8 bolt, flat panel section is stainless also. Idler pulley bearing slides right onto the pipe perfectly.

Stainless sure polished up nicely.. too shiney for the rest of the engine bay.

ac_ps_delete_pic.jpg

Damn Mike, your car is coming along nicely. You need to show me how to get stuff polished like that sometime. Are you going to repolish your intake and VC's to make them look real shinny again? Might have to take a trip up there sometime soon to see it in person