a/c retro fit r134a kits do they work?

im sure you know this, but most cycle switches are adjustable (in case you ever need to dial it in, or have him dial it in)....and it must be nice to have friends. LOL.

• Sponsors (?)

like i said, most are adjustable. LOL. i dont know for sure that ours are, but im pretty sure they are. there is a little screw in them to adjust the cycle time (im sure 85 Coupe could school us on setting that up). but i would be pretty sure that your friend did it for ya, since R134 runs differently than R12.

for some cars, i think they sell LPS's and cycle switches made for retrofitted cars (to accomodate the pressure differences between refrigerants and amount of time needed to cool the same amount, etc).

Hey guys,

Do any of you know the exact part # and where to get it for the r134a conversion orifice tube? I know someone that is setting his up and needs that part. He heard it was the next smaller size, but was not 100% sure. Here is his info:

1989 Mustang

A/C system converted from R12 to R134A.

I've removed the orange O tube and need to know what size tube to replace it with.

I was told by a reliable source that the replacement orifice needs to be the next smaller size than the original equipment.

Anyone know what color I need?

Thanks,

Thomas

Since it seems that all of the A/C experts are chiming in-

Last year I had a shop do the R134 conversion on my 93. They replaced the accumulator and low pressure side hose, compressor and did the conversion with the R134. A week later, it blew warm so I took it back and all they said was wrong was the clutch cycling switch. I replaced one of these switches the summer before, and the guy at the parts counter never asked if I was running R12 or R134. The new switch that the A/C shop installed has R12 indicated on it. I'm just curious if it is a big deal or not-my A/C blows around 30 degrees at the vent in 90 degree heat and sometimes dips down to 20. The only problem is that my water temp shoots to 210+, surely b/c the condenser is right in front of the radiator. I'm hoping it gets better when I install my Ramchargers dual fan setup.

Thanks-
Hawaii-50