A couple questions about trouble codes

WhiteDevil

Feb 4, 2003
San Diego
Well, i have been lucky enough over the past 5 years with my car that i never have really had to worry about my check engine light at all. I have a great code reader though anyways. Since my long tube install i have been getting a random check engine light. It will come on usually after driving at least 15min and stays on for a min or so then turns off. It might do it say twice in a 30 min drive. The car runs perfect and doesnt change at all when it comes on. So i figured 02s i went under and sure enough one of my 02s and extenders had moved and was melted on the header. So i got two new 02s(just because) and a new extender and replaced it. But some how even with mulitle wires exposed that didnt cure it. Today the light did the same thing twice and turned off on my way to work. I ran codes the moment i pulled into my work parking lot. The light was off when i was checking codes, i ran it Key on engine running (KOER), all i got was code 311 which i always get but doesnt trigger a light i guess.

Now with Key On Engine Off i got a code 111 which is all test passed. And a few other codes which i guess are stored codes 332 (insufficient EGR flow detected) and then code 212 (loss of ignition diagnostic monitor signal/SPOUT circuit grounded). Which one do you think would cause a flickering check engine light. Ill check my spout after work today and see if anythings up with it. Its just wierd that i never had a check engine light before the long tubes and neight one of these is related really. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

It's probably the EGR code if your EGR has any issues or has been modified. If the puter doesnt see the EGR cycle occasionally, it knows something's up.

Is your EGR functional (I know you guys use the EGR circuit wiring for something or other with the RT's)?

It's probably the EGR code if your EGR has any issues or has been modified. If the puter doesnt see the EGR cycle occasionally, it knows something's up.

Is your EGR functional (I know you guys use the EGR circuit wiring for something or other with the RT's)?

The EGR is totally stock. Never been touched. Its hooked up to my long tubes and functional. TwEECer guys sometimes wire their widebands to data log through the EGR wire but mine is stand alone so its not hooked up in that way.