A Few New Additions

litlsi

Nov 14, 2005
So, I made a few additions to the old stang this last couple of weeks.

I added a Roush spoiler, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Eibach Pro-Kit, and a new coat of wax. :)

I finally decided on some wheels too. I had my heart set on the American Muscle 20x10 Deep Dish Bullits, but they were out of stock and told me I'd have to wait 6-8 weeks for more to come in.. Called again, four weeks later, just to double check, and was told it would be yet, ANOTHER 6-8 weeks. So, I ended up ordering a nice set of AR Shelby Razors (20x9) wrapped in Dunlop tires. I'm hoping it will look alright on Satin Silver.

**BTW - I got curious and checked American Muscle again today, and the 20x10 ARE in stock now..

I also toyed around with the idea of 22" bullitts. Asked for some input on potential mechanical issues, got flamed, and finally put that idea to rest after a reasonable couple of folks put it in perspective for me..

So far, what do you think? Pretty standard fare in the mustang community, but I dig it. :)

I didn't have time to host the images the way I'd like, so they're all right here..

Pics: http://www.putfile.com/litlsi

• Sponsors (?)

Who installed the Roush spoiler? I'm wanting to know if it is a PITA to install yourself?
I noticed in the straight on rear pic that your muffler tips are all the way to the outside of the cut outs:shrug:
Other than the tips off center, your car looks good.:nice:

Thanks Kooldawg. Also, I appreciated your feedback when I was mulling the 22 possibility.

My neighbor owns a body shop, so they installed the spoiler for me in < an hour.

Surprisingly, the spoiler requires a lot more drilling that one might think. It does use the factory spoiler holes, but also requires two (2) additional holes in the decklid and about four (4) holes for each end cap.

It comes with various stencils and looked to be pretty straight forward. Outside of the drilling, it looked like the only obstacle would be having to work around/removing the sub box for Shaker 1000 folks.

However, I actually chose not to drill eight holes into my quarter panels like the instructions lay out. Instead, we shaved off the bolt on the end caps and used some body-weld tape (definitly seems a lot stronger than the 3M tape).

My reasoning was, if I change my mind down the road, and/or I manage to lose one of the smaller pieces someday, no sweat.. I'll have options w/out having to worry about body work of some sort.

As for the tips... They've gotten that way over time. I just haven't gotten under there to readjust them. The SLPs didn't fit as nicely as I had expected, so they loosen up after awhile.. I would weld them, but CA has a nice law regarding baffles, and so I may have to swap them out with the factory exhaust for inspection, etc..

However, I actually chose not to drill eight holes into my quarter panels like the instructions lay out. Instead, we shaved off the bolt on the end caps and used some body-weld tape (definitly seems a lot stronger than the 3M tape).

My reasoning was, if I change my mind down the road, and/or I manage to lose one of the smaller pieces someday, no sweat.. I'll have options w/out having to worry about body work of some sort.

Sounds like a very good idea! Thanks for the info:nice: