A few pics of my work in progress 68.

68stang351

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
Savoy TX
My 68 Coupe with a 351w, TFS Twisted Wedge heads, Comp XE284 cam, T5 swap, Granada disc swap, former 200ci 6 cylinder 3 speed. Thinking about 05 Legend Lime paint with black GT hood stripes, C stripes, and taillight panel.

With Bullitts:
100_0404.jpg

100_0407.jpg

With the pro stars and DR's it usually has. In these I just backed it out of the garage I store it in at a place owned by my father in law, so I could put the 90 in the garage and work on it. I went home real quick to grab some tools and when I pulled in the driveway I thought it looked cool enough just sitting there in front of the old ass barn to take pics of. BTW, behind those barn doors rests a very nice Dark Ivy Green 67 Coupe we've been trying to buy from my in-laws for 10 years now.

100_0764.jpg

100_0765.jpg

100_0766.jpg

And just so you don't think it's all junk, an engine bay and interior shot.

100_0753.jpg

100_0768.jpg

I know, it still needs a few interior things (nice steering wheel, new trim in the middle, pedal covers, and a decent console ( the fox one was cool at first, but I'm really wanting a Shelby console now), but it's still a work in progress and it's coming along.

• Sponsors (?)

nice, did you run any spacers for the bullitt rims? I like it. Did you get the 04 back??? I miss my 01GT but I had to have my 88 coupe

I used 1 inch spacers on the front and 1.25 on the back (because I already had them), though they recommend 1 inch all the way around.

My front tires rub the fender over bumps sometimes, but I'm going to put 205's on the fronts instead of the 245's it has now. I think that should fix it.

I agree that pic in front of the barn looks cool. I think its because the car is primered. I think it looks better with the pro stars than the bullits.

Any pics of the car in the barn?

Damn. How come he doesn't bring it out? At least clean it up and put a cover on it. Does it run?

:shrug:Beats me! It was running and driving good when me and my wife started dating a little over 10 years ago. Shortly after, he parked it in that barn and it hasn't left since.:nonono: We've been trying to buy it from them for years now but we get the old "We're going to fix it up one day." routine, I hate that one. Either that or they are afraid I'm going to "Hot Rod" it. Well I already have mine for the fast(er) car, I would also like a nice 6 cylinder to cruise in too. I would leave the drivetrain alone.

:shrug:Beats me! It was running and driving good when me and my wife started dating a little over 10 years ago. Shortly after, he parked it in that barn and it hasn't left since.:nonono: We've been trying to buy it from them for years now but we get the old "We're going to fix it up one day." routine, I hate that one. Either that or they are afraid I'm going to "Hot Rod" it. Well I already have mine for the fast(er) car, I would also like a nice 6 cylinder to cruise in too. I would leave the drivetrain alone.

That would be cool to have one of each. My car is kind of in between. I would like to have an original 65-66 GT convertible and keep it all stock.

I hate when people say that too. Of course I used to be one of them. LOL...

What color are you thinking of painting yours?

What color are you thinking of painting yours?

I was thinking something like this:
100_0715.jpg

100_0694.jpg

Rough exterior + Clean engine bay = PERFECT CAR in my book ! What's not to like, looks like someone has their priorities straight.
Man that's awesome. When I got it 10 years ago and it looked like that it was considered junk. Now for some reason everyone loves it! I posted these pics on a local board here where people are VERY critical about cars, and I was expecting a flame fest but everyone liked it, not one negative comment.
I only posted it on that site because I was kind of drunk at the time.

But as for priority, for me it was a first place tie between drivetrain/brakes (what good is going fast without being able to stop?), inteior, and then paint. Largely because paint and bodywork is going to be a real challenge to me, more so than anything else, and I like function over form because fast looks good!

I just noticed that the rims in the first two pictures in the gravel driveway [ which I like ] look different from the remaining pictures in front of the barn, etc. [ which i don't like as much ], please don't tell me you swapped them to mimic that olive fast back, your first set rocked !!! Love the stance in that first pic on the gravel road, that car looks like a pitbull just wanting to pounce on something.

nice grill idea!
It's a modified 66 grill.

I just noticed that the rims in the first two pictures in the gravel driveway [ which I like ] look different from the remaining pictures in front of the barn, etc. [ which i don't like as much ], please don't tell me you swapped them to mimic that olive fast back, your first set rocked !!! Love the stance in that first pic on the gravel road, that car looks like a pitbull just wanting to pounce on something.

I have both sets. I just swap them out depending on my mood or the intended use of my car. My 68 has had those pro-stars for a while now. Last year when I bought new wheels for my 04 GT I bought some wheel spacers and started using my factory 04 Bullitt wheels on my 68. Two of them need new tires, so it's back to the pro-stars for now.

I was thinking something like this:
100_0715.jpg

100_0694.jpg

Man that's awesome. When I got it 10 years ago and it looked like that it was considered junk. Now for some reason everyone loves it! I posted these pics on a local board here where people are VERY critical about cars, and I was expecting a flame fest but everyone liked it, not one negative comment.
I only posted it on that site because I was kind of drunk at the time.

But as for priority, for me it was a first place tie between drivetrain/brakes (what good is going fast without being able to stop?), inteior, and then paint. Largely because paint and bodywork is going to be a real challenge to me, more so than anything else, and I like function over form because fast looks good!

I like those colors. I knew a guy that had a 67 coupe with black interior that was the factory color like that. I think its called lime gold.

Just wanted to say that I still love this car more anything (well, except for MAYBE my wife)!!!!!

It's been a part of my life for 11 of my 28 years. And it will always be there, no matter what. I don't care if this car is totalled (God forbid!) it will be fixed no matter what because it will always be part of me.