Progress Thread A new FB conversion for bbettto

• Sponsors (?)

Bolted and screwed down all the interior fiberglass,used my Nephews quarter vent trim to drill the rest of the mounting holes. Really nice gapes between panels . Wrong screws of course because my paint supplier didnt have the correct bubble head screws but i need all the mounting holes drilled . I even learned a few things about aligning the panels .
20231223_151014.jpg
20231223_151031.jpg
20231223_151054.jpg
20231223_151701.jpg

• Winner
  • Loved It!
Reactions: 2 users
The two side scoops are on ,they are only held on with sheet metal screws so they can be removed for painting ,they will need to be pop riveted after paint .
The floor patches are cut and ready ,i just have to trim out the rotted parts of the floor and weld in the patches and it is finished!
20231226_133347.jpg
20231226_141323.jpg

• Happy
Reactions: 2 users
Oh 2023 ,nothing like giving me one last ,last minute kick in the butt ! My sister got T boned in her Expedition and totaled it ,she has been using my truck ,i need my truck so i went out and bought her a 2011 Ford edge ,damn thing quit on her today so i had to drop everything to go pick it up . I think it is the oil pressure sensor ,i read they have problems . It comes up and says low oil pressure and kills the motor . Let it set a minute hit the key and it starts and runs fine ,cant any thing go easily for a change ?
Had to pull off again to get this thing running so it looks like this week end is shot!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I finally got the driver side front floor cut out ,if i had known it was going to be this hard i would have gone with a full floor . It is undercoated under the floor and it flakes in places but not in others . I had a hard time cleaning the tar off where it will be welded ,i hope i got it good enough to weld
20240104_141703.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user