A9L vs Cobra computer.

• Sponsors (?)

Try harder Daggar.....

aleborjas - the cobra computer is set up to use 24# injectors -- no matter which maf you use, if you use the Cobra computer, you have to use 24's.

The transfer functions (voltage signal vs. mass of air) of the HO maf/ecu and the Cobra maf/ecu are different. If you use a stock maf, 24's and the Cobra computer, the car is gonna run RICH with increasing throttle opening. If you use the Cobra maf with 19's and the stock HO ecu, the car is gonna run LEAN with increasing throttle opening.

Here's a link that shows how the transfer functions differ....

http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/93cobra-maf-vs-stock-gt-maf.html

if i use 24's with the cobra computer and the stock maff can it work?
i am looking for the stock computer A9l or A9P the cobra computer is to hard to manage by changing inyectors and it can only work good with 24's.....

so do i set the inyectors with the maff? because i had with the same computer 75mm maff set for 30's and 30's inyectors and the whas to rich so i set back the 19's and the 19's maff and the car pops by the intake when is cold and the car is suck hot, cold any temperature you whant.
what can i do look for a stock computer?

Ok guys, i got the scoupe on this today.

And i'm go to do something that i rarely do, so get out your pads and pencils, write down the date and time.

I'm going to say i was wrong, lol. Don't know where i heard that the AOD shouldn't be used, but it wasn't him.

Talked to BD about it today, he said back in the day when there wasn't all this computer tuning going on, they track tested the 5 speed computer, and Auto comp, in a 5 speed.
And the Auto computer was .02 faster in the 1/4. (in the stick car).

He says now during a auto to stick swap, he just leaves the comp alone.

Sorry for the mis information, flame me if necessary.

Oh, and he's no fan of the cobra computer.

2000xp8 said:
Ok guys, i got the scoupe on this today.

And i'm go to do something that i rarely do, so get out your pads and pencils, write down the date and time.

I'm going to say i was wrong, lol. Don't know where i heard that the AOD shouldn't be used, but it wasn't him.

Talked to BD about it today, he said back in the day when there wasn't all this computer tuning going on, they track tested the 5 speed computer, and Auto comp, in a 5 speed.
And the Auto computer was .02 faster in the 1/4. (in the stick car).

He says now during a auto to stick swap, he just leaves the comp alone.

Sorry for the mis information, flame me if necessary.

Oh, and he's no fan of the cobra computer.

:nice:

Cobra computer:puke: It is not near as aggressive as the A9L and it does pull a lot of timing out up top, at the track it was like hitting a limiter at 91mph. Best thing we did was swap in a A9L (we had aftermarket MAF)

2000, we are all here to learn the most accurate info. I applaud you and extend an E-handshake for posting that info, just to clear up the little bit of debate on this thread. It will help future searchers. :nice:

HISSIN50 said:
2000, we are all here to learn the most accurate info. I applaud you and extend an E-handshake for posting that info, just to clear up the little bit of debate on this thread. It will help future searchers. :nice:
No prob, i see him nearly everyday, and it's where i get almost all of my information.

Rick 91GT said:
:nice:

Cobra computer:puke: It is not near as aggressive as the A9L and it does pull a lot of timing out up top, at the track it was like hitting a limiter at 91mph. Best thing we did was swap in a A9L (we had aftermarket MAF)

Thank you. I'm glad someone with hands on experience was able to clear it up. My Cobra definitely goes over 100. I think I'll just get the A9L or P with a MAF calibrated for 24 lb injectors, hit the dyno (whenever our next dyno day will be) and just post results.

Aleborjas
I am trying to determine my intermittent fluctuation in idle and noticed you have a Pro M with 30lbs.

Does your pro M have two senser? I have two and was curios what the voltage readings should be for wires C & D?

Mine reads .75v for and .07v for the other.

Any insight is appreciated.