Abaco digital mass air meters

Anyone have any more info on this? It looks very interesting. You can rescale your own meter with a laptop and a usb cable. Also supposedly cancels reversion.

link to review
manufacturers website
Abaco Performance Unveils DBX Meter
Digital Mass Air Meter
Posted November 30 2007 11:55 AM by Editor_Turner
Filed under: Mustang Tech Articles, Fox Body Mustangs

Today’s cars, more than ever, rely on electronics to balance driveability and power. One of the key pieces of the puzzle is the mass air meter. Long relied upon and often maligned, the mass-air meter tells the computer just how much air is enter the engine so it can make those critical fuel and timing calculations. As most of you know, when you change injectors or air induction systems it’s often necessary to retune your car’s engine control module to work with the new mods.
abaco-dbx-digital-mass-air-meter.jpg

With all the technology in today’s world, I’ve often wondered why we couldn’t retune our performance mass air meters with a simple download. Well, it looks like I won’t have to ask that question anymore, because there’s a new mass air company promising just such a high-tech solution—Abaco Performance (www.abacoperformance.com). Not only are new injector calibrations just a USB download away, but Abaco’s new DBX meter is said to cancel out “noise,” meaning reversion in the air path from big cams, blowers, or turbos. This means the air/fuel ratio should stay consistent, adding up to better driveabilty and more power.

I can’t wait to try one out, but for now we’ll look forward to fondling one at the Performance Racing Industry show next week in Orlando. If you’ll be there, you can check ‘em out at

Attachments

• abaco-dbx-digital-mass-air-meter.jpg
    abaco-dbx-digital-mass-air-meter.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Sponsors (?)

Tom Moss might have some info for you. It was he who first brought that line of meters to my attention.

Good luck.

it is interesting! but is that a circuit board running though it? id be worried about oil from my k&n filter getting on it and goofing it up!

Then don't run a filter! :nice: Also, wait until you see the filters you can run with them! :jaw:

Seriously, don't over oil the filter...just like with any other meter.

This is a really nice piece as i've seen the prototype Rick ran on a test car and picked up 50rwhp!. I learned a bunch about it...but not smart enough to understand it all,lol. This meter is from the same guy that brought us the PMS. I will have one on my ride soon....