Above 2k in 5th vibration and high rpm vibration

• Sponsors (?)

FrdMustangCpe said:
Ive noticed when im in 5th if i go over 2,000rpm and let off the gas i get some vibration i can feel throughout the car. also it still have the vibration at 3,000+rpm. any suggestions?

I have this too, only it does it when ever i let off the gas or hold it at a certain point, its usually around 40 + mph and only in 4th and 5th gear. could do it in all other gears though, i just dont go those speeds in any other gear unless im wot going for a fun run, and i dont let off hte gas any so im not sure if its just 4th or 5th or not. i got under the car today and noticed the drive shaft has alot of play in it, soo im going to jack the car up and tighten all the bolts and see if that helps. you might check that too.

There should be no play up and down or while holding the yokes and trying to turn the driveshaft. Any play you may be feeling rotationally without holding the yokes could be normal if slight. Too much rear grap slop may require attention. It's kind of a judgement call.

No, there will be some play due to gear lash, but if you hold the driveshaft flange and try to turn the ds and there is slop either clockwise or up and down, then your ujoints are shot. Do the same at the slip yoke in the front.