Ac And Smog Delete Without Moving Ps

Dave2000GT

Oct 3, 2005
Seattle
Ok so according to the pic on my radiator shroud this should be a legit setup. Has anyone done this and can anyone tell me the belt length that will work for this ?

In the pic it shows it with the AC just bypassed - so it follows that I can have both the AC and smog bypassed and use the same routing.

Attachments

• IMG_0932[1].JPG
    IMG_0932[1].JPG
    928.3 KB · Views: 118
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm not talking about any of those belt configs. Look back up at the pic in my opening post. I'm looking for info about running basically the last setup in your pic, with the purple belt except with the PS in the factory location.

I would be surprised if the belt tension would be enough with the way you are talking. The factory non ac cars were not like the pic. They were up higher, use a piece of string to see if it is feasible. Then cut the string, measure it, and buy s belt.

You need the Ford Racing A/C eliminator kit to run the belt like on the sticker.

Yes, i'm aware the sticker doesn't show the pulley, but that's not the intent of the sticker. It merely shows how the belt is routed, not the physical location of each pulley.

If you want to bypass smog and a/c, you need to buy the Ford Racing kit, and run the belt as shown in the purple diagram

You need the Ford Racing A/C eliminator kit to run the belt like on the sticker.

Yes, i'm aware the sticker doesn't show the pulley, but that's not the intent of the sticker. It merely shows how the belt is routed, not the physical location of each pulley.

If you want to bypass smog and a/c, you need to buy the Ford Racing kit, and run the belt as shown in the purple diagram
Cool that makes sense. I was thinking it might work without but I'll just spring for the kit. In fact I'll go a step further and do the offroad racing kit from LRS which includes underdrives and the belt too.