AC upgrade...

carbed 85 gt

Mar 20, 2003
Honolulu HI
A lot of people git rid of thier ACs but I still have mine and wanted to have a better system (cooler air) everything seems to be working alright but the ari ist cold , just cool.

I have had charged but was wondering if there was anything i could buy that would be better. Do any companies do upgraded compressors and condensors.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Hose Wizard makes a kit, you can find the ad in the back of some of the mustang pages. If you don't find it, let me know and i'll give you the number from an old mag.

You get everything with it, new style compressor, hoses, dryer.

I have NOT been able to find anything on the internet from this company, nor have i used anything they have, but i feel the same way as you, i'd like an a/c update.

Did you pull a vacuum when you recharged the A/C? You need to use about 2 cans of R134A to do a recharge. I have been told that there is a pressure adjusting screw under the low pressure cutout switch that needs adjusting. The ideal cutoff point is 21-22 PSI, so turn the set screw out 1/4 turn. The low pressure cutout switch is mounted on top of the accumulator (shiny aluminum canister by the firewall).