New AC build Need Help/Kit?

Jttexas

Oct 12, 2023
Texas
Bought an 88 Convertible and the AC system had been taken out. Thats not a plus when you live in Texas. I have a compressor and condenser. I need all the brackets and attachments/lines/etc. Is there a complete system I can buy with all the brackets, everything??? Even if I have to buy it with condenser and compressor I can return mine. Thanks for any help

• Sponsors (?)

Bought an 88 Convertible and the AC system had been taken out. Thats not a plus when you live in Texas. I have a compressor and condenser. I need all the brackets and attachments/lines/etc. Is there a complete system I can buy with all the brackets, everything??? Even if I have to buy it with condenser and compressor I can return mine. Thanks for any help

You might do better with pricing sourcing the individual lines and such from rockauto as well.

If oyu have the compressor and condenser, you just need the 3 lines. The tricky part will be finding the OE AC brackets and such.

If you are needing the brackets that mount the compressor they are in this kit:

I may actually have the one that bolts to the driver side cylinder head and the metal one that bolts to that and then the compressor. At one point I had the metal plate that bolts to the water pump and timing chain cover which holds the AC compressor and power steering pump. All of this would be down at my dad's shop about 3 hours away.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
If you are needing the brackets that mount the compressor they are in this kit:

I may actually have the one that bolts to the driver side cylinder head and the metal one that bolts to that and then the compressor. At one point I had the metal plate that bolts to the water pump and timing chain cover which holds the AC compressor and power steering pump. All of this would be down at my dad's shop about 3 hours away.
That kit is badass. I've been sitting on one spare A/C bracket because I modified my original for the Kenne Bell. At the time, those were junk yard only parts.

Bolt and stud kit too? :doh:

FOr the three lines you need:

I would also make sure your evaporator and condenser are clean and in good condition and flushed.

If oyu need to rebuild the compressor, see here

Reactions: 1 user
FOr the three lines you need:

I would also make sure your evaporator and condenser are clean and in good condition and flushed.

If oyu need to rebuild the compressor, see here

These instructions helped out alot when I rebuilt ( or actually resealed) my compressor unit....
TY 5L5....
DSCF1370.JPG

check this out...
:)