Accufab 75 TB/plenum combo is in...any install tips???

twogts4us: No, Accufab did not provide a new TPS. Just TB, plenum, TPS screws and I think EGR valve screws (not completely sure on the last one.)

sabrooks: My Haynes manual had torque specs for tightening the plenum to the intake. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was a three stage thing...if you want, I can send you the info when I get home from work.

• Sponsors (?)

fellamansteve said:
twogts4us: No, Accufab did not provide a new TPS. Just TB, plenum, TPS screws and I think EGR valve screws (not completely sure on the last one.)

sabrooks: My Haynes manual had torque specs for tightening the plenum to the intake. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was a three stage thing...if you want, I can send you the info when I get home from work.

can you send me the specs to torque the plenum to the intake

fellamansteve said:
I'll send them to you when I get home from work.
Hey I put in my Accufab it was not to hard the PITA was the stock rubber intake tube. I need to get it on tighter. It looks like it may slip off. I plan to get a Steeda CAI in the future. I called Ford they told me to torque at 18-22 lbs. Thanks for all the help.

stang976 said:
mine is going in tomorrow but..im just worried since i do not own a torque wrench. i guess i should do it right the first time and just wait?

I don't own one either yet, but don't worry. If you have a good socket set, just use the small socket wrench (to prevent over-torqueing) and as my dad used to say, "Don't kill it". There are brass inserts in the plastic manifold, so it's not that easy to break...you'll be fine. Go back a couple days later and make sure they are snug (or torque them when you do get a torque wrench).

stang976 said:
mine is going in tomorrow but..im just worried since i do not own a torque wrench. i guess i should do it right the first time and just wait?

To be honest, WD-40 brought a torque wrench over when we put mine in, but the wrench's range wasn't small enough to accomodate what we needed. So we just used a 1/4" drive ratchet and gripped it as close to the head of the ratchet as possible to prevent us from getting too much leverage and too much torque. I went back a couple days later, it was still on snug and no cracks in the plastic manifold.

sabrooks, glad to hear you're happy with the mod!