Accufab Install

FalconGuy016

Oct 26, 2004
Northern VA
Hey I just got my Accufab TB/PL in the mail and was wondering how to do this install correctly. I looked online but found either a bunch of generic guides, or ones about Cobras.

Does anybody know a good step by step for this? I've never installed anything like a tb/pl before. I can tell most of it seems like simple bolting, but what worries me is adjusting the voltage on the TPS (??? how? why exactly?) and how to deal with the actual throttle cable and spring itself.

After a quick look it didn't look to difficult to figure out, but, after a second I got a foreboding feeling as if a lot of little issues were going to pop up that I would have no clue about and then turn a simple install into a frustrating time.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Its very simple. I can have my plenum and TB off in about 10-15 mins. Throttle cable and spring is easy, just looks confusing.

I would assemble the TB and plenum together and put them on as one, instead of individually. The biggest thing is making sure you dont drop anything in the intake manifold, as well as making sure the hoses are hooked back up, which there arent many.

As far as the TPS, im not sure.

Just a simple remove and replace operation. Be sure not to drop anything down the lower intake manifold, maybe stuff a rag in it to keep dirt, bolts, etc. from falling in. Also, on the TPS, you want it to read about .99-1.00, you basically need to stick a paperclip hooked to a multimeter to find out what voltage its reading and get it as close to 1.00 as you can. The only real way to adjust the voltage is to move the sensor around until it gets where you want it volt wise.

BurningRubber said:
Its very simple. I can have my plenum and TB off in about 10-15 mins.
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: It took me and my buddy 2.5 hours to put his professional products plenum on his 99gt it sucked. We worked on that thing from 9pm to 1130 and that was just the plenum.

we already had the throttle body on cause the plenum was on back order. But yea it takes about 10-15 mins to put on teh accufab

04GTMustang said:
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: It took me and my buddy 2.5 hours to put his professional products plenum on his 99gt it sucked. We worked on that thing from 9pm to 1130 and that was just the plenum.

we already had the throttle body on cause the plenum was on back order. But yea it takes about 10-15 mins to put on teh accufab

2.5 hours, damn man... lol. Were you guys working backwards...? :lol:

Just kidding...:D