Accufab plenum and 70 mmTB installed yesterday

Finaly saved up the $$ and purchased the Accufab plenum and Accufab 70mm TB. Went to Preformance Auto in Plymouth Ma. to get some before and after dyno numbers.

With the stock combo the first pull showed 228.59 rwhp and 262.31 rwtq. With the Accufab plenum and TB bolted on it showed some pretty nice gains.
239.64 rwhp and 276.32 rwtq. That is a 11.05 rwhp and 14.01 rwtq. increase. Don't have a scanner so you will just have to trust me on the numbers. Throttle response is much better and you can feel it pulling better past 3,000RPMs.

• Sponsors (?)

Satin Silver GT said:
Finaly saved up the $$ and purchased the Accufab plenum and Accufab 70mm TB. Went to Preformance Auto in Plymouth Ma. to get some before and after dyno numbers.

With the stock combo the first pull showed 228.59 rwhp and 262.31 rwtq. With the Accufab plenum and TB bolted on it showed some pretty nice gains.
239.64 rwhp and 276.32 rwtq. That is a 11.05 rwhp and 14.01 rwtq. increase. Don't have a scanner so you will just have to trust me on the numbers. Throttle response is much better and you can feel it pulling better past 3,000RPMs.
Sounds great! Haven't taken mine to get tuned since installing the MAF, pipe, TB and plenum, but I'd expect similiar numbers. Certainly feels great, especially with the MAF as well...it just screams for the redline above 3K - I know what you mean!!!
Now save up a couple more bucks and get some gears...and you'll be grinning even more!!! :nice:

Satin Silver GT said:

Please do your best to find a scanner and overlay the before and after plots to show us. Your numbers look great and I'd love to see what happened across the RPM band (i.e. area under the curve...)

Brisk281GT said:
Those are pretty decent gains :nice: I am looking at a similar setup myself. Does anyone know if this is better than the C&L setup? :shrug: Also, why didn't you go with the 75mm TB???
Depends on who you talk to as far as which is better, the C&L, Dragon or Accufab. I've seen tests here stating the Accufab rules, but on another forum, they firmly believe in and rave about the C&L. Personally, I like the Accufab. If nothing else, it looks 100 times better than the others. And you can't argue with the successful numbers listed by Satin Silver above - those represent a solid increase.
Regarding the 75mm TB - reports have shown that on a N/A or non-heavily-modified 4.6, there is some loss of HP and TQ in the lower RPM range. Believe me, otherwise I would have paid an extra $10 bucks for the bigger TB! I kinda believe this report, as the power increase even with the 70mm TB and plenum are most significant above 3K, IMO and by the seat of my pants feel. My two cents... Ck my pic of my engine in the 99+ gallery to see how it looks. Accufab makes quality stuff.

You can get the tb/plenum combo for about 440. I am still using my K&N drop in filter until i have enough to upgrade to a densecharger. I am not sure if you can use the same inlet tubing if you use the 75mm tb, it was a tight fit (PITA) on my 70mm.

twogts4us said:
Regarding the 75mm TB - reports have shown that on a N/A or non-heavily-modified 4.6, there is some loss of HP and TQ in the lower RPM range. Believe me, otherwise I would have paid an extra $10 bucks for the bigger TB!.
with the dragon and 75mm.. no low end loss. It did loose some low end in hp and tq with the 70mm.
bestdragonvstock.jpg

(from modulardepot)

-wade