AFM tappet tools

asecretfile

Feb 11, 2007
Just got done swapping out my cam and I'll have to say...these things were a good time saver. Even though I had them I started to worry about dropping a lifter and almost took off my lower anyways but I thought to myself they wouldnt sell those things if they were problematic. Just dropped them in the pushrod holes and then double checked them before yanking the cam

I know taking off the lower is no big deal but shoot that was 12 less bolts I had to remove and then torque back not to mention scraping off old gasket material etc

Thumbs up for these little bonafide modded toggle bolts :D

View attachment 262180

• Sponsors (?)

They work great. I have used them to swap a couple of cams out and I figure they have paid for themselves in labor, gaskets and coolant.

Absolutely. I haven't used them myself but that's the way i look at it. By the time you lose coolant, buy new gaskets and spend the time on it, you may as well spend a tad more cash and buy them.

Just got done swapping out my cam and I'll have to say...these things were a good time saver. Even though I had them I started to worry about dropping a lifter and almost took off my lower anyways but I thought to myself they wouldnt sell those things if they were problematic. Just dropped them in the pushrod holes and then double checked them before yanking the cam

I know taking off the lower is no big deal but shoot that was 12 less bolts I had to remove and then torque back not to mention scraping off old gasket material etc

Thumbs up for these little bonafide modded toggle bolts :D

View attachment 262150

How about a link for those of us who would like to have a set of them?

Ive had a set for about 6 years now and they have paid forthemselves many times over. Only issue I have had is a few of the magnets have come loose over the years, so check them... I epoxy them back and reshrinked the ends, no issues.

Ive had a set for about 6 years now and they have paid forthemselves many times over. Only issue I have had is a few of the magnets have come loose over the years, so check them... I epoxy them back and reshrinked the ends, no issues.

those magnets are super strong too for how little they are lol even though you cant see the lifter you can clearly hear the magnet grab them and feel the weight of the lifter as they are pulled up and easily tell at which point to spin down the wingnut to secure them out of the way