Afr 165s

I recently purchased a pair of AFR street 165 heads with plans to install on my 64 ranchero. Would these same heads bolt onto my fathers 95 gt 5.0? Also...would a set of 1.6 ratio roller rockers be ok with the stock cam?

Thanks guys.

Side note. These are non egr heads. We already have a smog pump delete

• Sponsors (?)

Get the part # off them and call AFR and ask them, I'm not to sure with a head of that much of a difference in years with the engines. AFR 165's are often thrown on 5.0's with 1.6 roller rockers. Do you have any other info on the heads as far as combustion chamber size or valve size?

I must be mistaken. I thought that the stuff coming off the back of the heads for the smog pump was EGR.

The pipe on the back of the heads is part of the thermactor system. Thermactor is just a stupid Ford word, don't get all got up in it. The smog pump pumps air through that pipe into the heads to mix with the exhaust gasses to help the catalytic converters burn off better. It has nothing to do with the EGR. The EGR system takes exhaust gasses off one of the header primaries on the passenger side and mixes it with fresh air in the intake. On the Fox body Mustangs, the EGR exhaust used to route through the heads, back up through the center of the intake, and all the way up to the EGR valve.

Kurt

The pipe on the back of the heads is part of the thermactor system. Thermactor is just a stupid Ford word, don't get all got up in it. The smog pump pumps air through that pipe into the heads to mix with the exhaust gasses to help the catalytic converters burn off better. It has nothing to do with the EGR. The EGR system takes exhaust gasses off one of the header primaries on the passenger side and mixes it with fresh air in the intake. On the Fox body Mustangs, the EGR exhaust used to route through the heads, back up through the center of the intake, and all the way up to the EGR valve.

Kurt

Thanks for the info!

Kurts right, the EGR on the SN chassis is off the header,....... The non emission head have none of the ports physically in the head, so no smog equipment will be functional.