After years passed, my dream came true 12/3/04

98V6 K.I.T.T.

Founding Member
Mar 6, 2001
Everett, Washington
Well as some of you know and some of you don't know, I've been wanting a V8 mustang for quite awhile. I bought my 98 V6 auto back in April of 99, it was a graduation gift (well the down payment was) from my parents for high school. I couldn't get a GT back then because it would have costed to much for a 17 year old (couldn't argue too much, parents paid my insurance and gas, I just had to pay for the payments, until few years late and I paid for everything) So after discussing I was able to talk them into the V6 model, and my dream of owning a mustang back then came true, however I always wanted a V8 from the get go. Years passed and I would ask my insurance about getting a GT and I got "Wont insure minor on a V8" eventhough my record is clean. So, after talking with so many people that had a V8 that were considerably younger than me within the last year, I decided to seek out finding a better insurance. Which I did, insurance dropped over 50% and a V8 model would not be that much more for me. SO....now the search could begin. Through countless hours of decisions which one should I get, 5.0, GT, Cobra, new GT, Old GT, Older Cobra etc. Finally decided it be best to get a newer GT for reliablity, newer styling and good performance in comparison, and finding one at a reputable delearship. Well after about a year I finally found it, and how it worked all out couldn't have been any better. My new baby......2002 Performance Red GT 5spd

Attachments

• DSC00949.JPE
    DSC00949.JPE
    15 KB · Views: 150
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys.....the condition of this car is just unreal, it literally seems like it's been old stock. But yeah....man, the feeling of power, sound of a V8 and manual transmission Man...it just gives me shivers it's so cool! Unfortunately mods will have to wait for awhile till I can build up some funds, but I'm sure some simple mods will be coming soon. I actually don't mind driving this bone stock GT for awhile, it's more than enough fun for me right now. I will take some more pictures of it later, it's been so ugly lately just haven't gotten around to it, however thank god for traction control..eventhough it may not be the best I'm sure it helps.

BTW....is it just me or does it seem like there aren't a whole lot of 99-04 GT's running around as in a whole? Lot's of Mustangs but usually all stock V6 coupes and verts. I know GT's aren't rare or anything but it sure seems like it. Especially since finding them at dealerships are hard even more so in the manual tranny.

98V6 K.I.T.T. said:
Well as some of you know and some of you don't know, I've been wanting a V8 mustang for quite awhile. I bought my 98 V6 auto back in April of 99, it was a graduation gift (well the down payment was) from my parents for high school. I couldn't get a GT back then because it would have costed to much for a 17 year old (couldn't argue too much, parents paid my insurance and gas, I just had to pay for the payments, until few years late and I paid for everything) So after discussing I was able to talk them into the V6 model, and my dream of owning a mustang back then came true, however I always wanted a V8 from the get go. Years passed and I would ask my insurance about getting a GT and I got "Wont insure minor on a V8" eventhough my record is clean. So, after talking with so many people that had a V8 that were considerably younger than me within the last year, I decided to seek out finding a better insurance. Which I did, insurance dropped over 50% and a V8 model would not be that much more for me. SO....now the search could begin. Through countless hours of decisions which one should I get, 5.0, GT, Cobra, new GT, Old GT, Older Cobra etc. Finally decided it be best to get a newer GT for reliablity, newer styling and good performance in comparison, and finding one at a reputable delearship. Well after about a year I finally found it, and how it worked all out couldn't have been any better. My new baby......2002 Performance Red GT 5spd

congrats on the purchas... very nice car and color too :) my first v-8 was a 1995 mustang gt 5spd also performance red :)

tarch said:
GOOD TO SEE IT'S NOT AN AUTO!

OMFG! Auto's suck so much!

No offence Cav

:lol: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :lol:

Whats wrong with a auto ??? :shrug: :shrug:

I love mine since I sit in traffic for 4 hours a week... :( :( :(

Nothing beats side stepping the clutch pedal @ 3500, what a auto shifts like all the time !!!! :nice: :nice:

Peace :flag:

Cavallo said:
:lol: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :lol:

Whats wrong with a auto ??? :shrug: :shrug:

I love mine since I sit in traffic for 4 hours a week... :( :( :(

Nothing beats side stepping the clutch pedal @ 3500, what a auto shifts like all the time !!!! :nice: :nice:

Peace :flag:
sorry if you remember my car started out as an auto... now that i have the same car with a stick i just love it... it's just me i guess

Yeah.......I can't stand driving a sports car now with out a manual tranny, a sedan or truck definately auto but not something like this, your missing alot of fun by not having it. I'm getting better with driving it, since this is my first full time manual car, take me alittle bit longer to get REALLY comfortable with it, but I'm getting better all the time.

Thanks sis! We have to get that ride of yours up and running. I don't know when I'll be able to get out to Yakima due to weather right now, but I will try to when I get the oppurtunity.