Aftermarket Bumper Problems

savegoodautonfg

May 11, 2005
I got a new aftermarket GT Bumper last christmas and put it on and every since then it wasnt on right so i just finished taking it back off.

1.) The Header Panel (http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-8284A 1&comp=LRS)
What is this made out of?

2.) I need to bond/glue/stick together the urethane bumper and this header panel. what stuff should i buy to do that?

3.) The studs that go into the header panel, they got like stripped out and the holes are a little too big now. can i use the same stuff im using to bond the bumper and header panel to put on the studs and then screw them in the header panel?

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

copied from MSTANG
Automotive Aftermarket
Truck Line EZ Sand Flexible Parts Repair
08276, 400 mL, 6 per case

Two-part epoxy used to repair most plastic parts, including bumper covers, and other plastic body panels (not for use on SMC/fiberglass). Use 3M™ Polyolefin Primer 05907 for system II plastics. 10 minute work time, 30 minute sand time, 4 hour cure time

Buyer's Part Number : 08276
GTIN(UPC/EAN) : 0 00 51135 08276 8
3M Id : 60-9800-3708-3

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Automatic mixing. Designed to be used as a filler and adhesive. Epoxy based for easy sanding. Formulated for excellent feather edge.Flexible through a wide range of temperatures.

CHARACTERISTICS
Clamp Time
1 Hour
Color
Gray
Cure or Dry Time
4 Hour
Work Time
10 Minute
3M 1995-2001

had asked that question earlier and didnt get the answer I was looking for.
But I found it today at a Auto Body Shop supply store.

Its called REMOV ALL Stripper, it comes in a spray can and it states that it works on all of the normal metal surfaces and also works on TPO Bumpers, Rubber Seals. I have not used it yet but I thought I would find my old Thread and add this info to it. In looking for my thread I found yours.