aftermarket waterpump 94-95

• Sponsors (?)

i brought one from stewart components for like 70 bucks. its been about a year or so dont know if it really works though. when you compare them side by side they look identical. but stewart claims that they have closer tolerences yada yada but i can say the my stang stays cool but dont know if its their water pump of the 475 dollar griffin radiator in front of it lol

edelbrock doen't make one for the 94-95 5.0L. they stopped at 93. and yes there is a differance between the two. the 93 and older waterpumps have a longer input shaft because they had the fan mounted to it. where the 94-95 went with the electric fans so they have to shorten the input shaft on the waterpunp that is why i was asking.

onebad95.....you are right edelbrock does make one for the 94-95 5.0L but that is the one in the f-series truck. i wonder if it can be used on the mustang 5.0L and has the shorter input shaft. looks like i'll have to call edelbrock and find out. when i find some info i'll let you know

67stang390 said:
I've heard that electric water pumps aren't reliable for the street. Anyone know why or why not that might be? I think it had to do with it not flowing fast enough to keep a car cool on a warm or hot day.
Yep, they do not flow anywhere near as much water as a high flow mechanical pump does. Okay for the track, not so okay for street duty.

Dave