Alternator bracket w/ PI intake swap

H What 4.6

Jul 29, 2005
I finished up my PI intake/cams swap last night and cant wait to start her up when i get home from work :banana:

only question is with the alternator bracket i purchased for an 01 GT how the hell does this thing help ? How is it supposed to hold the wires? I dont have a picture of the one i have now or anything but i am a bit confused with how its supposed to support the wires? any help?

• Sponsors (?)

Alternator Bracket Information:

1999+ have 2 bolts to bolt down on the alternator at the top to the bracket and 1996-1998 back only have 1 bolt and 1 bolt hole, so for a 1996-1998 the correct alternator bracket part number is F8AZ-10153-EA for the intake with the aluminum cross-over. If its a 1999+ intake and a 1999+ alternator, then the 1R3Z-10153-AA would be the correct bracket part number.

If the bracket covers the area where you need bolts you can hammer any dipped areas flat where the bolts should go and redrill the bracket. That's what I did on my 99 plastic cross over to aluminum cross over swap. I think I trimmed some off the back with a saw also.