Aluminium flywheel

Steel

Apr 13, 2006
Modena , Italy
:D Just installed !!!!

I had to wait a long time to have a free day and bring the stang to the garage ... Fidanza sent me the flywheel on december and it's just a week I have it installed .
Fortunately for me here the weather here is good , so I had no problems to find a dry road . The first big difference I noticed is when I fired it up for the first time : it revved by itself much faster as soon as the key is turned :hail2: . Driving (normally) has not changed much , but I feel a good gain in accelleration , mainly from low rpm . In 2nd gear bends without traction control I must be more light on the accellerator , even with the Yokohama Advan , but the really good thing is that the car responds much immediately to my right foot - in fast bends it's fantastic to balance on throttle , but it took me a while to get acquainted to the new response - before I had to anticipate the car , maybe for the lag of the heavier flywheel . Anyway , this is a fantastic mod , I really enjoy it :D . Moreover the accellerated engine feeling after you cut out the throttle has completely disappeared - it diminished after the tune , but only now I completely got rid of it :) . Perfect mod for me , maybe next one will be an aluminium driveshaft : anyone of you can share driving experiences/changes with the driveshaft mod ?
Happy driving to everybody ! :SNSign:
Steel

• Sponsors (?)

Mine my be an 88 but it should act the same. When I swapped mine, it allowed the car to accelerate quicker but it didn't shock the rear tires as hard. With the stock steel shaft, I could hit from about 15-20 mph in first and lay black marks for quite a ways. With the aluminum shaft, it didn't do it near as hard but it made the car quicker.

I did the Centerforce aluminum flywheel and JPC aluminum DS at the same time. Revs up much quicker, 60 ft times improved anywhere from .5-.10. It's hard to tell for sure due to different track conditions. Definitely a great combo.