aluminum d.s vibration?

mustangdave

My rearend needs a stud and two nuts.
Founding Member
Feb 26, 2002
North Carolina
I have read in other forums that everyone with a one piece aluminum drive shaft has a vibration problem between 80 and 120 m.p.h. Anybody here with the problem/solutions/vendor recommendations?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm also interested in this. A local vendor in Houston said they quit retailing aluminum d/s because of too many vibration complaints so they started making their own.

I wanted to get a coast unit but I want to find out first.

I have a spydershaft and no complaints. But of course I don't drive 120 MPH either.

I have driven quite a bit on the interstate around 80 MPH with no issues though.

I've been running it for about 20 months.

Carbon Fiber or nothing apparently. The CF ones are pricey as all get out but I've not heard about a single one having vibration issues.

I was interested saving weight myself but I hit 140mph sustained on the oval bank at Cali Speedway. LAST thing I want is vibration out there! Especially with run after run. So I'm keeping the two piece for now.

Mr Q: have a link to someone that makes a carbon fiber d.s.?
Spydershaft is one of the many people have had problems with, even after adjusting the pinion angle,( only seems to be a high speed problem for the most part). Seems the d.s is just too long on these cars; probably why Ford used the 2 piece boat anchor.