Am i the only one who daily drives the fox?

• Sponsors (?)

wouldn't have it any other way. my friends are trying to save for dd's to keep their stangs summer only cars. i just somehow don't think i could walk outside and look at a working mustang and a working civic, and thinking oh oh i wanna drive the civic. only reason i would want a 2nd car is in case i needed to take the stang apart to fix something and take my time getting it back together. when i get out of college i want something like a truck, a 99-04 grand cherokee, or a 00-03 subaru impreza. even still they will probably be driven about the same. bought it with 82.999 miles on it and now i have 94.xxx. when i feel like driving it i go drive it. when i wake up late and its below 30 outside, i go outside turn it on and drive. it never complains.

i love my car.

i feel you on that, although i sometimes do wish i had a DD, just cause the roads around Univ of Houston are so damn ****ty. Anyone who lives in houston (actual houston, not suburbs) knows how ****ty the damn roads are. Nothing makes me angrier than hitting a bigass pothole in my baby:nonono:

I am driving mine every day right now

It is a love hate thing...I love driving it but hate putting the miles on it and the wear and tear!

Beleive it or not, my fox was always the familys 'reliable' car. We drove 70s caddys that always broke and the fox always worked. Frequently jumpstarted 500 Cubic Inch engines with ease!

My 1988 GT is my second daily driven fox. I drive about 50 miles round trip a day to get to work. I've got a nice MAC exhaust on it and a ram air hood. Other than that it's stock with 98,000 on the clock. Runs and looks great. I also own a 85 Notch that I just pulled the motor out for a redo. When it's done it should be puttin' down about 320 to the wheels and I plan on driving it on fridays when it's nice. It's even got 4.56s and I'll still drive it!

507926299.jpg

7333140.jpg

http://www.fquick.com/JohnnyGMachine

J

Attachments

• 507926299.jpg
    507926299.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 7333140.jpg
    7333140.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 66
I own 2 Mustangs and I drive only one of them every day. The one which is my all year long daily driver is my 2002 V6 Mustang. I already put 40,3xx miles on it since I purchased it brand new back in January 2002. I've driven my 02 Mustang thru 6 winters so far if you also include this winter. This car has seen some brutal New England winters with a lot of snow and salt on the roads. I am going to continue to drive this car until it rusts out.

My other Mustang is a 2001 GT which has ONLY 2,6xx original miles on it. I've only put about 400 to 500 miles per year on it since I purchased the GT brand new. It's never seen winter or salty roads.

I read over the threads and get the idea that most people have like 2-3 cars and the stang is just a weekend cruiser. How many of you guys actually take the car out everyday to work, school, etc. Im unfortunate enough to barely afford one car, so she goes everywhere i go:nice:

My wife drives her 90GT everyday. It has no A/C, squeeks and rattles a bit, could use a paint job, but she loves the mods, (ported E7's, E303, 3.73's, T5 and ALL the bolt ons) loves the attention the car gets her, and loves to surpise people in it.
She wouldn't trade this car for anything.

I read over the threads and get the idea that most people have like 2-3 cars and the stang is just a weekend cruiser. How many of you guys actually take the car out everyday to work, school, etc. Im unfortunate enough to barely afford one car, so she goes everywhere i go:nice:
Going on 20 years straight here. :eek: Got my first Fox Bod 5.0 in late '88. Since then I've owned 3 more cars, all 5.0s. lol I keep telling myself I'm going to get something newer to DD but I've been spoiled by the lack of car note and ease of repair. Of course there's more to it than that but the point is they continue to get the job done.

Norwegian DD here! Going on six years now, winter or summer, trackdays or commuting. Pretty sure I am the only one in Norway doing that... :D

IMG_6124.jpg

ford20060812_009.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6124.jpg
    IMG_6124.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 93
  • ford20060812_009.jpg
    ford20060812_009.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 88
I daily drive my car. Its really fun to daily drive a high 12 second car, and since I dont usually drive more then 10 miles a day its not a problem, fl without a/c can get bad but I love the breeze.

Norwegian DD here! Going on six years now, winter or summer, trackdays or commuting. Pretty sure I am the only one in Norway doing that... :D

IMG_6124.jpg

ford20060812_009.jpg

dude thats AWESOME how do u get it thru the snow? do u have some insane snow tires?

I daily drive my car. Its really fun to daily drive a high 12 second car, and since I dont usually drive more then 10 miles a day its not a problem, fl without a/c can get bad but I love the breeze.

if i lived in florida I'd DD my fox too :) lucky bastard im trying to get my fiance to move down there after we both get outa school

Attachments

• IMG_6124.jpg
    IMG_6124.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 105
  • ford20060812_009.jpg
    ford20060812_009.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 91