Amazon Racing Visits Truboost Beaufort,SC Dyno Day September 17th & 18th

WhiteStang

Founding Member
Jun 11, 1999
Beaufort SC
We welcome one of the best performace shops to South Carolina & are pleased to announce that on September 17th and 18th we will be hosting a weekend full of dyno tuning for Mustang's, camaro's, and vette's with Rick and Lynn from Amazon Racing here for all your tuning needs. Tired of getting a 10 minute tune, tired of not getting your moneys worth? We have your solution....We are limited to only five cars a day, so that your vehicle gets the time needed to get a quality tune. Don't miss out on this opportunity. Slots will fill fast, so reserve your spot on the dyno now.

http://www.carolinarides.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3694

• Sponsors (?)

Moving to Beaufort

I'll be moving to Beaufort in 2 weeks - what's the Mustang scene? I have a '90 Wild strawberry GT. Few mods. Any dragstrips around? How far is Charleston from there? :banana:

Buddylu2 said:
I'll be moving to Beaufort in 2 weeks - what's the Mustang scene? I have a '90 Wild strawberry GT. Few mods. Any dragstrips around? How far is Charleston from there? :banana:

I run out of the Truboost.com stables here......Guy by the name of Billy does the Mustang part of the shop.....There is a 1/8th mile track 45 minutes south in Savannh... 2 - 1/8th mile tracks about 1-1:30 north of hear near Charleston..lowcountrydragway.com....A 1/4 mile IHRA track about 2 hours northwest of hear near Augusta/Aiken in Jackson...carolinadragway.com...And a few others within 2-3 hours....The mustang scene is HUGE hear.....

Cool

When we get settled, we'll all have to meet. Is there any rental property in the area that has some land and out a little? We'll be down next week to scope it out. Ready to do some mods after I get settled :D

Buddylu2 said:
When we get settled, we'll all have to meet. Is there any rental property in the area that has some land and out a little? We'll be down next week to scope it out. Ready to do some mods after I get settled :D

If you want something out....Look Towards Ridgeland or Hardeeville....Much, much, much cheaper & less than 20-30 minutes from Beaufort.....Dirt here cost more than GAS.......

Southern

Most people here in SC are the typical "southern" folks. The coast has the "gone w/ the wind" twang and most folks drive slow and are not in a hurry. I have lived in SC (all over) since '97. I love this state. Every town I have lived-in has been a great experience. I loved Clinton, but 0 jobs. Totally different from Florida....

Seafood

where are some good places to eat. I know it's shrimp season, so I'll get a cooler full next week. Where are some good places to go shrimping? Throw net is itching for salt water.

Buddylu2 said:
Most people here in SC are the typical "southern" folks. The coast has the "gone w/ the wind" twang and most folks drive slow and are not in a hurry. I have lived in SC (all over) since '97. I love this state. Every town I have lived-in has been a great experience. I loved Clinton, but 0 jobs. Totally different from Florida....
That's what I wanted to hear/know. The rude and a-hole are over welming the good/whole hearted people here. There are a lot of people moving out making big $$ on there houses and moving North to the friendlier & cheaper southern states. Charleston is near the coast to give me the "Florida" feel but with the friendlier people twist. Thanks for the info seems like I'm going to be happy there :flag: .

I do have another question (last one I promise) exactly how cold does it get there *crosses finger No snow**?? Me and cold weather have never really gottin a long.

The Beaufort website says....

that the avg temp is 65 degrees - don't think it has ever snowed?? We might get an ice storm here in Anderson, SC, but that's it (I'm over 500 miles from Beaufort). The people around here are friendly, don't get in a hurry and try to enjoy life. I've always loved the lowcountry and there's so much to do - a lot of historical places, eating events (people in SC are big on having eat-fests), and Charleston has things all the time (we go there about once a month). The low-country has a different feel than Florida - it's more "southern" I think. If you like to fish and eat seafood, there's plenty o that. Now, there are a$$holes everywhere, but most I've encountered are punks are yankees that carry a 'tude constantly.

First week here

Staying in a motel until house opens. Pretty cool around here. Seen a bunch of fox-bodies. I'll have the GT here next w/e. Stuff is higher here than the upstate, but tourist/military area it is. Where's the Mustang hang-out?