An example of why selling a car is so difficult...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received a very kind apology from the member who caused me to create this thread in the first place. Apparently he'd sent an apology earlier and it lived in his outbox, but I never received it for some odd reason. My computer has been glitchy lately. In any case, I kinda regret reacting the way I did, but I took offense to some of the things said in PMs and chose to use the forum to vent about it. I'm glad it's all settled. Hopefully my car sells and I wish him all the best. :cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

Chris, don't let anybody get to you. They want what you have and they are doing everything to try and get it. When I was selling my 91 notch and Hack Job...I got all kinds of emails that I would read and not even respond to. It's not worth your time.

Sit on it...see if you get it. There is an ass for every seat. It took me 2 months to sell my 91 notch. It was a salvage title 4cyl auto car that was maroon. I made it a 5spd 5.0L car and painted it black. Some people called me CRAZZZZY for asking 7,500. I simply said thanks and hung up. I ended up getting 6,500 for the car. The new owner couldn't have been happier. Just keep playing the waiting game, your day will come.:nice:

2 problems you run into selling a car like this

1 - is since it is a swapped vehicle there is no real way to verify mileage, in all reality it could be a 160,000 mile engine

2 - swapped vehicle bring on all thier own problems, wiring etc, so anyone who is buying has to trust that it was a professional install

How do either of those two points differ from the guy who's built and blown his own power plant? Without tearing the engine down, you have no idea what was in fact done to it, nor have you any idea what kind of short cuts were taken or gremlins await the new owner when they buy it.

I really don't see a huge difference in the risks involved? :shrug:

Thanks Matt and everyone else! Kind words go a long way! Four hours left in the ebay ad... tick, tock, tick, tock...

2 problems you run into selling a car like this

1 - is since it is a swapped vehicle there is no real way to verify mileage, in all reality it could be a 160,000 mile engine

2 - swapped vehicle bring on all thier own problems, wiring etc, so anyone who is buying has to trust that it was a professional install

Well, allow me to address these concerns with this particular car.

1- I saw the title from the wrecked 2003 Cobra the drivetrain came out of and it read 17k miles.

2- Anyone with half a brain checks over a swapped vehicle with a fine toothed comb before purchasing. I, personally, can tell a hack from a professional install just by looking at a few key areas of a swapped car.

I think the problem is most people don't understand
1. What their fox is actually worth
2. You will NEVER get out of it without taking a loss.
I've got 10kish in mine and would never ask for anything near 10k if I tried to sell it.
I get calls an emails from people who have jeeps worth about 2k though and someone offered me a jetski they were selling for $500. I know what you mean, it's insulting to get an offer like that. I'm not a ****ing idiot.

I absolutely HATE trying to sell vehicles.
Good luck though man, I honestly hope you end up keeping it though, it's a damn nice car.
same here, got 10k in mine, be lucky to get $3k-3,500. Sucks cause clean stock stangs are worth more than pretty nice hoighly modded cars. thats why I let my car sit 5 years instead of selling it.

Lets see this "cleanest notch in my area" car then???

I can post some pics of what I consider clean notches,

:D

Oh yeah, the Tr-State area = High prices for cars. You won't touch an 03 Cobra from much under $20K without something wrong. If I ever found a clean, decent mileage one for $13K... I would buy it on the spot.

EDIT: Weren't there track times for the stroked and blown 7up car, and werent they like mid 8s in the 1/8th???

my buddies turbo notch is the cleanest i've ever seen! i wish he would post pics of it! every nut bolt wire hose everything is brand new or refurbished! the underside is cleaner then it was when made i bet! peace

john:p

wasnt trying to be a richard but i was just calling it like i saw it, my car was running mid 13's with gt40x heads, e-cam and a RPM II intake. and im embarrased to admit it.

If it makes you feel any better, the best I got out of my GT40X, Comp Cams, Cobra intake was a 13.5@ something like 104-105mph.:nice: I don't tell people about that combination :) It got trashed for my 11 second AFR/FTI combo after the first C5 Corvette out ran me:rlaugh:

1991notchback said:
Sure, it seems to be holding on for dear life for some reason though, haha.
I haven't locked a thread in a long time *cracks knuckles*...

Status
Not open for further replies.