Another Turbo Fox Build Thread

right on man. car is gonna be nice. let me know how the install goes.

i just paid off the line of credit i took for my last big project (wheels/brakes). i will be taking another 2000 for the next one (turbo). just waitin for the crappy weather.

I'm gonna try and keep the thread updated. :nice:

I was thinking about $2,000 to get the car drivable with the turbo setup, but that turned into about $3,200 so far. Lol.

• Sponsors (?)

so far im at 1500 with my on3 kit(used but not installed) and my 42's and 3" protube.still have to get a fuel pump and turbo blanket and header wrap.add a tune and it should be around 2100-2200.its going ona mostly stock 90. cant wait!

It definitely adds up quick, I still need a new set of plug wires, maybe a msd coil, and figure out tuning.

Mike, you'd kill for my dads garage. Haha. He's just nice enough to let me fill it up with my crap for a month at a time. :)

And only update for today was getting my ignition box install started and pulling my stock injectors.

I'm stuck right now, cause I need to buy a spool of 16ga. wire.

View attachment 210941

View attachment 210942

I went with the blue gauge on mine.

I've picked up a set of Delphi 42lb injectors off The Corral. Mass air is a PMAS blow through setup.

I'm running stock intake mani. and for the turbo I plan to copy this setup.

View attachment 210829

I'm going to run a y-pipe from the down pipe to my spintech cat-back, with a cut-out.

I've got the e-fan and 3g alt. off a 94 gt that I want to throw on.

Do you know where people get that DCC e-fan controller?

I hope your kit goes on better then mine has!What a crock!So far the coupler for the TB dosent fit,theydirections said to cut a 3" hole for the turbo to intercooler pipe to go threw which it didnt have to it just goes stright down,the oil feed tee off the block hits the block so it wont screw in,the bolts for the waste gate hit the flange on the hot side so i had to buy new bolts,no mountingbrackets to mount the intercooler so i had to make my own,and now tonight i just discovered the alternator braket isnt drilled big enough so the bolts dont work.peace

john:p

I had the dcc it worked well but the Spal i replaced it with seems a bit nicer. I just had a boss welded on the radiator and got a temp sensor.
My DCC took a couple weeks to get after I ordered it.

everything is looking real good

I hope your kit goes on better then mine has!What a crock!So far the coupler for the TB dosent fit,theydirections said to cut a 3" hole for the turbo to intercooler pipe to go threw which it didnt have to it just goes stright down,the oil feed tee off the block hits the block so it wont screw in,the bolts for the waste gate hit the flange on the hot side so i had to buy new bolts,no mountingbrackets to mount the intercooler so i had to make my own,and now tonight i just discovered the alternator braket isnt drilled big enough so the bolts dont work.peace

john:p

Does your coupler not fit because of the 90mm TB you have?

I knew the kit didn't come with intercooler mounting hardware.

I'll just have to see how mine turns out, I don't know how much different the 351 kit is, but it hasn't been in production for very long, so maybe there is still some issues to be worked out? :shrug:

As with anything, you get what you pay for. It's a base priced $1500 kit, so I've kind of figured on having some hiccups. That is too bad that the hole got drilled for no reason though, he needs to get that confusion straightened out. Have you told him about it? That's gonna be a PITA to fix now. :(

I had the dcc it worked well but the Spal i replaced it with seems a bit nicer. I just had a boss welded on the radiator and got a temp sensor.
My DCC took a couple weeks to get after I ordered it.

everything is looking real good

Alright, I'll see about the other setup. But I've still got the stock radiator, so I dunno if I want to bother with trying to braze something on there.

Kit came in today. I've no complaints so far, as far as a first look over goes, other than some of the fins on the intercooler being tweaked from packaging.

Cold side.

View attachment 210656

Hot side.

DSC_0069.jpg

Y-pipe and turbo.

DSC_0070-1.jpg

I didn't get pictures of all the couplers, v-bands, etc yet. And Chad's still waiting on the PMAS's to come in so he can ship mine out.

Not much progress on the car, because it's been entirely too hot to spend any time out in the shop.