any complaints about the cloth seats?

abouttobeglue

Founding Member
Nov 25, 2001
birmingham al
im looking at getting an 06 hopefully within the next month, i know i can get a deluxe 5 spd with leather, iup, and shaker 500 for 24400, theres also a black gt at dealer thats base, only has iup, how do the cloth seats feel, sit, etc. ive had leather in a truck and both mustangs, im not a fan of it being hot in the summer, and scuffing up and cracking. i was thinking about just goin with cloth seats, less expensive, may be able to get a better deal. any opinions are appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

i have the cloth, and for me it has held up remarkably well over 5000mi. i have dark chrl interior so the seats are black and they are pretty good at resisting stains and marks. its nice having them cool down really fast in the hot california weather sometimes. and not getting too frigid in the winter. they arent as nice as leather, but they do the job. at least they look nice....

I love my cloth seats. I hate having hot seats in the summer with leather, and I hate having cold seats in the winter mornings (although the 07's have the heated leather option).

My cloth seats are holding up PERFECTLY after 14,000 miles. Actually, Ford's leather seems to wear rather poorly. The seats are very comfortable and the fabric looks FAR more attractive than pre-05 cloth seats.

Other than the spoiler delete the reason I ordered my car instead of buying off the lot was to get the cloth seats. Had leather in my '03 GT and hated it. WAY too much trouble to maintain and the don't hold you in place as well as the cloth. I took EXCELENT care of my leather seats from day one and they still turned out wrinkled and ugly by the time I sold it.

You guys have me scared now. I just ordered a Premium with charcoal leather seats after I spent 2 years swearing I would never have leather seats. I hope they aren't everything I worried about before I talked myself into them. The only reason I got them was they looked so much better than the cloth ones IMO. Maybe I should have just bought the deluxe and put a shaker 500 in it.

i personally prefer the leather to the cloth. leather makes the car "look" so much more expensive. cloth cheapens the appeal, but that is my opinion. my leather looks untouched in almost 6000 miles. maybe i just got lucky:shrug:

i was thinking of saving the money then getting these later on

Attachments

• 05_mach1-style-low-small.jpg
    05_mach1-style-low-small.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 120
I have had leather many times and love it. Not the problem people say it is. I have cloth because that's the only car I could find in March of 2005. I lost a leather car by about 30 seconds. (Buying with my dealer on the phone searching for the color and other equipment I wanted.) My cloth is fine and I have had no problems. But I would have rather had leather. If you have ordered leather, you will be pleased. If you've got cloth, it's OK too. By the way in my experience cloth is the hardest to clean.