Any problems installing a Pypes o/r X?

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by fobra559, Dec 2, 2007.

1. fobra559

fobra559 At least it's more erect and not floppy anymore.

How much weight will I be saving with the Pypes o/r X compared to the stock h?
  2. mikevm78

mikevm78 Member

The weight difference is huge. I couldnt beleive how much mine weighed when i pulled it out. Its a frikin brick compared tothe x pipe.
  3. fast97gt

fast97gt Active Member

yeah if you think about it, the stock h has 4 cats on your model, and on mine which is the sn95 body has 6. so in saying that, if the cats weigh 10 to 15 lbs. each, thats 40 to 60 lbs. difference. :D which also means you drop 4 to 6 tenths off your et.:nice:
  4. lazerred02

lazerred02 New Member

You might drop 6 tenths off your ET if it weighed 600lbs, but thats not the case.
  5. fobra559

:lol: Yeah, 6 tenths is a little too much, maybe in between 1 to 2 tenths seem a little more reasonable. I know with the 4 cats it's heavy as hell compared to the o/r X. Thanks guys for the input, something that adds performance, sound, and weight reduction, that all sounds good to me:nice:
  6. fast97gt

fast97gt Active Member

:nonono: yep umm duh, sorry i had a brain fart and it stinks, i was thinkin every 10lbs. and im way off sorry please try not to be too mean:(
  7. fobra559

It's ok man, we all have our moments. Cheer up:p
  8. 02Vert

02Vert New Member

OK, So my Pypes O/R X pipe came in on friday, and I installed it that evening. I try not to be negative about anything but the fit was terrible. Rear flanges will not mate to each other, leaving gaps in them that I had to go to a muffler shop and have cut off and sections of pipe welded in to stop the leaks. Now my midpipe has to be cut out if I ever have to drop it for anything. Front flanges fit perfect, rear were just wrong. The sound isn't bad, but I am still very dissatisfied with the purchase. I would have sent it back, but I didn't feel like going through the wait process and arguing with someone about their inferior product. I guess I should have went with the SLP setup I was looking at. I guess I'll buy that in a few months to make myself happy.
  9. georgio440

georgio440 Member

Now I'm even more excited for mine to arrive next Thursday. :nonono:

How come some people say it fits well, then others say it fits like crap? Also, soundwise, I have heard a lot of positive feedback, and have even heard some videos myself that I thought sounded pretty badass.
  10. fobra559

Sorry to hear about that man, I just hope I don't have bad luck with fitments when mine comes in. I guess some fit great and some don't. They say that Pypes o/r X sound the best with chambered mufflers. I have flows so it should sound great like they said. Do you have stock mufflers?

Man, now you got me worried about the fitments:(
  11. fobra559

We are in the same boat buddy, let's just hope everything goes well.
  12. georgio440

georgio440 Member

Me too, I'm nervous now. I don't want to have to get it welded or anything, since I want to be able to take it off for smog and whatnot. I hope it sounds good with my Magnaflow mufflers...
  13. fobra559

Mine is coming in this Wednesday:nice: I don't want it welded either, but I might know people who will pass smog for me with a little extra cash in their pocket:D Chambered mufflers usually sound good with the Pypes o/r X as they claim. They sounded great on other people's stangs so I'm hoping it will sound the same or similar.
  14. georgio440

georgio440 Member

I'm not sure as to what exact mufflers I have on my car, but I know they're Magnaflows. Are they chambered?
  15. Twista

Twista Active Member

magna are straight thru mufflers.
  16. CobraRed_96_GT

CobraRed_96_GT Active Member

should sound great w/ an off road x tho
  17. fobra559

Like Cobra Red said, it should sound good man. I heard straight thru's with an o/r X on other mustangs and they sounded good to me. So you got nothing to worry about. One more day until I get mine:banana:
  18. 02Vert

02Vert New Member

I have the stock mufflers on my car, and the sound is just where I want it. Just a lil' louder then the stock H pipe was. I am pleased with the sound, but very dissapointed with the fitment. I still may go woth an aftermarket catback system sometime, I like the SLP catbacks I have heard. I may get one sometime. It just sucks that now I have to have it welded in, maybe I can find some weld in flanges to have installed when I go with cat backs and then I can remove it when I need to.
  19. 02Vert

02Vert New Member

I forgot to mention, not only does the pypes x pipe not fit well, now my drivers side tip sticks an inch farther out the rear of my car than the passenger side :nonono:
  20. georgio440

georgio440 Member

This is really weird. Most of the people in the thread said that the fitment was great and the install was easy. Why are you having such a miserable time? Do all Mustangs have different stock piping or something? :p