Anybody know much about Regal GSs

04YELLOWGT

Jun 29, 2005
Indiana
A kid I know has one and he says he can beat or run with my car. Hes say hes got a pully, intercooler, and CAI. He says hes pushing 15 lbs of boost I say BS because I cant imagine stock internals on those cars lasting with that much boost. He said he killed a GTP and kept up with an STI, once agin I called BS.

I dont know much about these cars but I cant imagine that car being that fast as big and heavy as it is. Any input would be great. I cant race him because he said "his SC is busted" an excuse maybe :shrug: :notnice:
He did say he was geeting a new one that will give him 85 more hp but once agin I cant imagine the engine being able to handle that.

By the way my car is a high 13 sec car and Ive raced pullied GTPs and beat them before.

• Sponsors (?)

Are you talking about one of those late 80's Regal GSXs? They are all black? They are quick, I know a guy that has one that has turned up the boost(can't remember how much) and had an intake and couple little things, he also had it running off alcohol. Anyway we raced I had a bad start, but I still beat him by half a car.

My car is stock btw.

Cory281 said:
Are you talking about one of those late 80's Regal GSXs? They are all black? They are quick, I know a guy that has one that has turned up the boost(can't remember how much) and had an intake and couple little things, he also had it running off alcohol. Anyway we raced I had a bad start, but I still beat him by half a car.

My car is stock btw.

I think your thinking about a GNX or just GN ( Grand National) Those cars are bad. I dont know why but I love those. You must be a good driver because those cars are 13 second cars stock!! At least in good shape they are.

I don't think you'll have much of a problem. I was skimming the RegalGS forum, there's some modded cars that are posting kills about V6 mustangs and are happy about it. There's a few guys running low 14's, but I'm betting your guy probably isn't one of them.

Hahaha, 15lbs on the stock engine? Yeah right. I read a mag test where they properly set up lower boost than that on a GTP and it still popped.

I think you guys are missing the big ricer line... "My S/C is busted"... ding ding ding, we have a domestic ricer!!! :lol:

If it was busted, hows he running 15lbs of boost?

These cars can be fast, on another forum im on there was a guy with a mid 12 second GS, but it had alot of work done to it. With a few go fast parts they are high 13's or so if they can get traction. Tourqe + FWD = spin.

Also note he "kept up" with an STI. STI's are mid-upper 13 second cars, if he wasnt "bl0wing hizz d00rz off y0" then I wouldnt take it too seriously.

depending on the year you can easily run 15psi on a stock 3.8SC all it takes is a new pulley some new injectors and a new tune.... do not underestimate the power of the FWD Supercharged v-6... its quick. i wouldnt run him from a roll.. i would say go from a dig because those cars SUCK off the line.

i saw one at the track 2 weeks ago. he was racing some POS ricer. everyone was really laughing it up at the old guy racing his regal. well by the time he crossed the line nobody was laughing!!! he ran a 13.60. thats out running my car by .19!!! those things are bad ass!!! maybe once i retire i might get one to haul the grand kids around in.

My dad used to have one before the Vette. It was decently quick and they are the same as the GTP. I'm betting a little lighter. GTP's can be made to be pretty quick so I don't see why the same couldn't be done to the GS.

04YELLOWGT said:
I dont know much about these cars but I cant imagine that car being that fast as big and heavy as it is. Any input would be great. I cant race him because he said "his SC is busted" an excuse maybe .

They are only 3500lbs which is only 150 or so lbs more than a mustang, so they really arent that much bigger.

The Regal GS supercharged is basically a clone to the GTP but with a softer suspension and grandma looks.

They can be made very fast and the stock internals are not too bad. I have a buddy from college that had a 99 GTP that had alot of stuff done to it that was running 450hp at the wheels.

I am not sure I believe him because the broken supercharger line is kinda lame, but maybe it is. With your mods you should kill a stock GTP or GS but a modded one isnt something to laugh at.

SaleenGT2001 said:
i saw one at the track 2 weeks ago. he was racing some POS ricer. everyone was really laughing it up at the old guy racing his regal. well by the time he crossed the line nobody was laughing!!! he ran a 13.60. thats out running my car by .19!!! those things are bad ass!!! maybe once i retire i might get one to haul the grand kids around in.

thats AWSOME!!!! I saw a similar thing happen at NED once last year.. I was in the stands watching and a GS was about to run a WRX and all the ricers and the spanish kids were laughing at the regal.. the regal ran a low 13 second pass and the WRX a mid 15... :lol: OHH man I had a feild day with that.. I was pointing and laughing at them.. LOL