Anybody Notice The Drivers Seat Is Not Centered On The Steering Wheel

• Sponsors (?)

Mine seems fine, if i lean to the left, I am on the left side of the steering wheel. And if i lean to the right, guess what, im on the right side of my steering wheel! :D

The steering wheel is offset. The SN95 cars are like this too. It was the only way to get the steering column around the big engine. If you notice, the engine is offset to the passenger side too. Take a look at how the water pump pulley lines up up with the Ford emblem in the grill. It's off a few inches

The steering wheel is offset. The SN95 cars are like this too. It was the only way to get the steering column around the big engine. If you notice, the engine is offset to the passenger side too. Take a look at how the water pump pulley lines up up with the Ford emblem in the grill. It's off a few inches

I can understand the issue of getting the shaft around the engine, but would they really choose to have it offset from the seat, something they also could have positioned outboard? I can see the wheel varying a little side to side, between years of abuse and production tolerances, but would they have designed it out of alignment at nominal? Like I said, mine is pretty much right on center.

It's more noticeable in the sn95 cars, but the passenger side of the wheel is closer to you than the drivers. It's annoying if anything. In my fox, it's not that noticeable. I think one day I broke out the tape measure after seeing the wheel offset in my 03gt

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

The motor is offset by 3/4" from centerline...centering the motor is a major deal and basically requires a new trans tunnel and a fully custom rear.

Nic, you crack me up I just spit coffee out.