Anyone got a sport bike?

nmcgrawj

Advanced Member
Sep 28, 2003
Indianapolis, IN
I am thinking about getting one. For a couple reasons....

1.) Gas prices
2.) Parking will be a CAKE WALK on campus

Now i have never gotten a loan or anything but a guy at work is selling his 02 CBR600 F41(or something) for $5(probably be able to work him down) so being 20 with good credit, do you think i can get a decent percentage rate? What IS a decent percentage rate? Should i just go to my bank or to a credit union or something?

Anyway, just throwing a idea around so let me know your thoughts :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought one 2 wks ago and its a blast. Its an 05 Honda CBR 600 RR. As far as price you should be looking at high 7's to low 8's considering its late in the yr and the new modles will be out this spring. If I were you Id try to go through a credit union b/c its more easy to get approved for credit and you can usually get a better rate.

attachment.php

attachment.php

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW man thats the exact model i want. Except the black tribal color scheme.How much is your payment? Insurance? How old are you?

Man i want that thing. Is that a good price for the 600 f41 or f14 thats a 2002 for 4-5 grand?

nmcgrawj said:
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW man thats the exact model i want. Except the black tribal color scheme.How much is your payment? Insurance? How old are you?

Man i want that thing. Is that a good price for the 600 f41 or f14 thats a 2002 for 4-5 grand?

My Payment is $158 a month w/ the extended warranty. I put down $2,600 on top of a $8,600 price tag droped down from $8,900.

The insurance is a killer. Im 28 but have no previous riding experience so they really shafted me w/ no lube I pay $1,800 per yr, or will be. The F4I will not be as much b/c the RR took its spot as the top "sports" model for Honda. The new F4I does not have the split seat anymore like the RR ( front seat/rear seat) its all just one so it does not look as "sporty" but the older F4I I think from 2002 and below still had the split seat.

You should be able to get a used F4I in the 5,000 range depending upon mileage.

I liked the Tribal as well but the dealer only had this one and an all black one, I think I still like the Red/Black the best overall plus it matches my helmet that I already had.

Nate, those were the reasons I rode while in school. If you are at a bigger school (University) it is SO nice for parking and just getting around.

The U here has little patches all over campus (kind of like bicycle parking) for bikes. Cage drivers cant even access those areas to park in bike spots.

Good luck.

Striped5.0 said:
My Payment is $158 a month w/ the extended warranty. I put down $2,600 on top of a $8,600 price tag droped down from $8,900.

The insurance is a killer. Im 28 but have no previous riding experience so they really shafted me w/ no lube I pay $1,800 per yr, or will be. The F4I will not be as much b/c the RR took its spot as the top "sports" model for Honda. The new F4I does not have the split seat anymore like the RR ( front seat/rear seat) its all just one so it does not look as "sporty" but the older F4I I think from 2002 and below still had the split seat.

You should be able to get a used F4I in the 5,000 range depending upon mileage.

I liked the Tribal as well but the dealer only had this one and an all black one, I think I still like the Red/Black the best overall plus it matches my helmet that I already had.

Man, try someone else. Insurance shouldn't be that high on a 600. My buddy just got a quote on a 600 for $600 a year, and he doesn't even have his motorcycle endorsement yet.
Brandon

CManT1914 said:
One of these days I'll get one. Hopefully next spring. I'm looking at an R6 though. :drool:

That was my second choice but there were no R6's left in the state. I just liked how the honda felt the best. Its stated as being a very stable easy bike to ride, so far I have to agree w/ that.

I just got it registerd this morn $240.98.

CManT1914 said:
My Progressive 12-month quote was $2,440. Maybe I should check out Geico. :shrug:

Through Progressive Im paying $1,800 a yr, Geico wants $3,100. Id say screw geico its a total rip off.

How was your progressive quote $2,440 a yr? W/ no riding experience and not even have taken a MSF corse yet I was still quoted at under $2,000 a yr and that was w/ a high end 600cc Sportbike.

Striped5.0 said:
Through Progressive Im paying $1,800 a yr, Geico wants $3,100. Id say screw geico its a total rip off.

How was your progressive quote $2,440 a yr? W/ no riding experience and not even have taken a MSF corse yet I was still quoted at under $2,000 a yr and that was w/ a high end 600cc Sportbike.

WTF? I just applied for a new quote, and it's freaking $3,757 for 12 months!! :jaw: For an 01 R6, no accidents or anything. It didn't ask me about any msf courses or anything. :shrug:

I should have bought my policy online b/c I was quoted for 1,200 per yr on the progressive site, then I went through my ins agency ( which is progressive ) and I got nailed for $1,800. I guess the online quotes are not as accurate.

Im going to take an MSF corse next yr, that should help out some.

CManT1914 said:
Okay I did it again, and for comprehensive ($250 deductible) and collision ($500 deductible) it's $2,079 with my dad on the policy too (the $3700 quote was just me). With no collision it was only $588!! :banana:

If you buy new you have to have full coverage. Most of the time, and like when I bought my bike I could not even leave the dealer until the bike was insured even after I signed all the paper work and I was free to go.

Striped5.0 said:
If you buy new you have to have full coverage. Most of the time, and like when I bought my bike I could not even leave the dealer until the bike was insured even after I signed all the paper work and I was free to go.

Yea I wasn't planning on buying new. I want to be able to pay cash for it (like I did the stang) and that way I could get by with comprehensive (I thought it was called liability?). I'm just using an 01 R6 as an example to get an estimate of how much I'd be paying. Hopefuly it would be cheaper for an even older bike.