Anyone got pics of a Vista Blue w/ White Stripes?

jas142

Founding Member
Feb 11, 2002
Thanks. Also, is it worth spending all the extra cash to get them painted on, or is quality 3M vinyl really fine? I know most people (and ford) use vinyl.

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on how good you want them to look. You can get the quality vinyl for around $200 or spend $1K or less and get them painted on and look MUCH nicer! I went with the vinyl rocker stripes since they were only $80 and took about an hour to install myself. I was planning on race stripes as well, but after getting the rockers first I will stop there. To me, the racing AND rockers are overkill.
I will one day get the rockers painted on.

I got vinyl over the top white stripes on my Vista Blue.... everyone says it looks good. Mine are about 4 inches apart... not as close as the Shelby and are about 12" wide each. They also go all the way down to the bumpers....unlike Ford's. The problem with vinyl is when they are removed... if ever... your paint will look completely different. Anyways... here are some of my '06 GT. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• abovedawn.jpg
    abovedawn.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 145
  • dawn.jpg
    dawn.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 157
Personally, I love my Vista Blue without the stripes. But then again, I also LOVE mine without the spoiler which others hate. So to each his own I guess.

In my opinion, the plain white stripes really pop off the car. "Standing Out" isn't a strong enough term. If I were to put stripes on m car (even though I wouldn't), I'd look for either a pearl white or a silver color. Both will look quite nice with the Vista color, but will also reduce the stark contrast between the plain gloss of white stripes, and the heavy metallic of the vista blue, that makes the plain white stand out so much. Just my $0.02

Who signed your stripes? I can't quite read it. Was it Jack Roush? My experience has been that if you care for your paint, keep it cleaned and waxed, there should be no real difference between it and what is under the vinyl.
vinyl is not permanent and that can be an advantage if you don't like the look or or color.

Who signed your stripes? I can't quite read it. Was it Jack Roush? My experience has been that if you care for your paint, keep it cleaned and waxed, there should be no real difference between it and what is under the vinyl.
vinyl is not permanent and that can be an advantage if you don't like the look or or color.

Yes it was Jack Roush, car has about 3 or 4 sigs on it.

Thank you very much for all the complements, back to his questions :D

And if your still considering stripes, go with vinyl, be sure you like the look, can always get them painted later. Can't pull paint off like you can vinyl if you don't care for the look!