Anyone have any problems with Mr. Baskin (DCC Controller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoopDawg

Autozone Junkie
Founding Member
Jun 21, 2002
Orlando, FL
I bought mine off a distributor on Ebay thinking I would get it faster because Mr. Baskin takes 2 weeks to get you one from his website... So I ordered... (knowing it might take a while) from the ebay guy and paid EXTRA for Priority shipping... This is what I get back:

"Hello, Nick-I did get your info on the Priority shipping and I tried to contact Brian at DC Controls about drop shipping a controller right to you. I have 6 installs in our shop right (controllers all installed, too) now and Brian is 2 weeks late on my controller shipment due to manufacturing delays on his end. He has not answered my phone calls nor has he returned my emails over thelast week about other misc. projects we have that I need his advice on. Needless to say I am not happy with him and that is part of the reason for me extending the shipping time on his controllers to 10 business days becasue he is getting erratic in his method of suppling for my shop. So, when I read your email, I tried to reach him ASAP and have him send one FAST VS. me sending one out after I get my order in. Needless to say this has put me in a bit of a bind and I understand your concern. If you want, I can refund the extra shipping or I will refund the entire amount since I cannot get you a controller until maybe next weekend. If you need a way to activate you fan until the controller comes in, I do have HD 70 amp relay kits assembled that will work for you-they are $49.99. Let meknow whatyou'd like for me to do-if you want the relay kit I can send it out next day USPS and you'll have it Saturday-that is the best I can do right at the moment-I hope you understand. Let me know what you want me to do and I'll git r done. -Jabin"

So... He's sticking his retailers also... This sucks.. I needed it FAST so I bought it from this guy who said he had them (sellers fault for listing things he doesn't have), but Baskin is 2 weeks late on this guys order.. which is huge.

Mr. Baskin. Please hurry. It's 110 degrees here in Kansas. :) I need your controller.

Nick

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry if this is going to sound harsh, but I think you are out of line on this - poor planning on your part doesn't mean Brian needs to drop everything just for you. The guy on ebay is being pretty straight up about what's going on. For small businesses like Brian's, if he runs into problems with suppliers, then there is nothing he can do about it. Venting like this on forums does nobody any good (other than maybe make you feel better).

Just my $0.02 - not trying to flame or anything - just the way I see it. You didn't buy directly from Brian, you haven't tried to contact Brian, but you feel he is screwing you somehow.

FWIW its worth - it took 2 weeks for me to get my controller, and I was checking the mail everyday! It was worth the wait however, so it will come eventually!

How am I out of line? I believe business' are run with good customer service and staying on top of your demand. If you can't keep up with your demand, then higher help. But when BRIAN is two weeks let to a supplier, inwhich is effecting me... is not poor planning on my part. Keep on top of your orders and everything will be fine. I don't feel flamed by you at all. I believe you're reading something other then what I wrote up there. :)

Also, before this turns into a 10 page thread like that last one did... Let me tell you. I don't buy crap... I buy the best. And I am willing to wait IF I have to. It's not like I'm going elsewhere for this. It just ticks me off that it seems everytime someone posts about his controller, it's about how long it took and how it was promised one date, and isn't there till another.

I understand the Ebayer shouldn't have listed something he doesn't have... But he gave a good explanation and I'm not backing out on him. Just seems to me like Mr. Baskin needs to higher some more people to keep up with his ever-expanding company. It's expanding because it's a great product. The more you make, the more you will sell. Just pisses me off I'm in the middle of another slow turn around.

It seems Mr. Baskin is a little overwelmed right now, considering his isn't even answering his phone or e-mails... This is exactly what a dead beat classifieds seller does, or an Ebay seller. Just sounds fishy to me.

It my be of no fault of his own. Maybe his suppliers are late getting product to him. He (Brian) has no responsibility to you as he had no dealings with you. The person on ebay that sold the controller to you should have to due right by the customer, which judging by what you said he offered he certainly is trying to due. Ease up on bashing Brian and his business this has very little to due with him in all reality. If you are that bent about it bash the guy on Ebay and leave him a neg for listing that he had them in stock, but it sure as hell looks like he is trying to due the right thing.

I figured I'd get this kind of responce on Stangnet. All I'm doing is advising the Mustang community of what is happening. And I am by FAR the first to have this problem. No need to bash. I'm not. Just giving my two cents. Isn't that what the internet is for? :D

And YES, the Ebay guy is doing the right thing! A++ to him :rolleyes: But the fact that Baskin is shafting him by backordering him two weeks, then NOT EVEN PICKING UP or RETURNING his phone calls, or emails. That's what makes me wonder...........

I for one am glad you posted this info. I was looking into getting one of his controllers because my spal controller sucks. I guess I'll wait a while longer untill everything is straightened out.

Thank you both for speaking up. Makes me feel less bitchy about this (if that makes sense lol) I'm not like fuming mad, just concerned seeing this happens to a lot of people. Step up the production... get suppliers that will meet your needs and higher people to put them together. I seriously think this could be (and probably already is) a great money making business!! Just gotta work a few of the wrinkles out. :nice:

He told me his turn time was two weeks. Two weeks after the day I ordered it I got it, just like he said.

There are two sides to every story but this Ebay seller, how can he promise to ship them out quicker when the supplier himself has a two week turn time? I think the Ebayer buys and keeps a few units in stock and either ran out of them or sold the last one before you purchased yours from him/her. He then had to back pedal on the shipping being FAST. It's a nice gesture for him to offer a full refund but if you cancel your order and buy directly from Brian then it's probably gonna take two weeks.

This is just my perspective on the issue without knowing any other details. Heck something may have happened to force Brian to leave town for a short time. I don't think he deserves to be bashed, I'd look at the ebayer first.

I think he deserves some of the blame for being two weeks LATE on his shipments, and THEN not answering his phone calls or emails. Do you think that's ok? Would you be like "Oh... ok.. he's not contacting me back.. everything should be just fine!!!" :rolleyes:

All I'm saying is people have other aspects of their lives that they can not control. Several things could have happened for him not to return calls or answer e-mail. What if he went out of town to handle a family members passing? Or God forbid what if he got in a car accident? Maybe he went on vacation.

I'm sure his business is picking up due to the summer weather. From what I understand he builds these by himself and has a seperate full time job. Has to order the parts to make them and so on. And again the person on ebay is relaying this info to you. How can you be sure they are telling the truth?

What no one has though about is that DC Control is probably a second job run from from his house or a small shop somewhere. It doesn't make enough money to be a full time job, but is a nice suppliment for his regular income. if you think selling two dozen controllers a month to guys like you & me provides a full time income, think again. When you are a one man band, or your only help is your wife and kids, things take a little longer to do. Baskin has always been a stand up guy here on Stangnet, so give him some slack.

First off, you’ve been bad-mouthing both me and the products that I sell for the past six months, so why do you want to buy one anyway?

Secondly, I have no open orders with this or any other person who might be distributing these. Anyone can come in and buy the product in quantity at a discount, and there’s no way that I’m going to take responsibility for yours or any other deal gone bad through another person. If you want to claim that I’m responsible for this, then produce an e-mail, complete with headers that states that I’ve committed to any controllers to this vender, I’ll give him my permission to send it to you and will give you permission to post it here. I have none of this persons money and owe him no controllers or anything else.

PoopDawg said:
Baskin is being taken out by the big companies... Time to sell your idea and get out before no one remembers who you are because they can get one in 1-2 days with a warranty.

So go buy one from them, at this point, there's no reason for the two of us to do business

My unit arrived today..a little late, but being a supplier for 15yrs I know there are contributing issues...often more than one. I don't understand you posting a complaint in a public forum because of this...I don't approve and would hope customers would be a little more patient in attainting a quality pc that takes a little longer than a quick ship on an inadequate part.
Derek.

Don’t believe everything you hear on the internet, if you check this guys past posts, he regularly has negative things to say about the company, this goes all the way back to when Michael Yount use to post here. If he said anything good about the company, this guy would give him crap about it. If any customer had a problem with a controller, he would come in the thread and stir things up. If a competitor came out with a competing product, he would hail it as superior to what I sell and suggest that I go out of business. This is in spite of the fact that he’s never owned a controller or had any dealings with me of any kind. I don’t know what this guys problem is.

The bottom line is that the vendor doesn’t even have an order with me., I’ve never drop shipped, and to the best of my recollection, never been asked to do so. The same vender in fact e-mailed me, thanking me for getting his order out quickly, that was three to four weeks ago. If this vender is unhappy as he claims, then he needs to have him come in here and back him on this, he can drop in and present the e-mails that show my commitment to ship these units. If not, then I’ll just assume Poopdawg is just in here making trouble as usual. What ever problem he has with me, he needs to get over it.

:nice:
Quick thanks Brian..unit made it to detroit yesterday and our driver brought it to me just a bit ago...looks great and eays as can be install. Quick rundown if posible on the wiring up of the LED..I MAY have forgotten. :)

Well thank you Brian for finally responding to this. You can wrip me apart as much as you'd like if I deserve it. This is going directly to his e-mail box, and I will have him refund my money unless it is worked out. Sorry for being a dick, but when you are told one thing from someone, then the other (you) does not answer e-mails that I SENT, it makes me worried... k? :) Thanks a lot.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.