anyone have sequential tail lights?

Any one use the kit from American Muscle, not sure what brand it is, but it seems to be a popular site here. Mustang Sequential Taillights Kit - Splice-in (96-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Thats the one I had on my Cobra. Nice easy install and people complimented it all the time. I thought it looked killer too. :nice:
It was $100 shipped from them. Only downside was when I tried LEDs it flashed too fast but the LEDs were dimmer then the Sylvanias I had so I took em out. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Thats the one I had on my Cobra. Nice easy install and people complimented it all the time. I thought it looked killer too. :nice:
It was $100 shipped from them. Only downside was when I tried LEDs it flashed too fast but the LEDs were dimmer then the Sylvanias I had so I took em out. :shrug:

Thanks for answering that man. The reason behind the fast flash is that LED's dont offer near the resistance that the bulbs do, so it triggers the fast flash. Its your car thinking theres a bulb out and tryin to let you know. Had that problem in a few of my S-10s when I would try to run leds. They make some resistor that stops that, but with that and the sequential lights not sure how it would work.

meter4it kit is by far the best way to go. I haven't had ANY problems and even has a warranty!

You can get just the LED taillight bulb(s) to go in the stock housing at Super Bright LEDs - LED Products and Accessories. I thought about getting LEDs with the meter4it kit, but I'm not sure that it would look as good. LEDs have sort of an 'instant on/instant off' look where as standard filament bulbs sort of 'fade' on an off. (im sure there's technical terms for this that I don't know of). I just think the standard bulb keep that retro look.

I finally did it and bought a kit. Installation was a snap!

This is just another one of those mods, I wish I bought 10 years ago when I bought the car.

Do you find yourself singaling EVERY chance you get?

After I wired my autotrix set I'm ALWAYS signaling lol.

I got the kit from webelectricproducts.com. I opted for the complete plug and play harness. Even though I am perfectly comfortable doing a splice job. I just like having the ability to return it to 100% stock.

hehe, If I lazily list to the left, you can bet your bottom dollar those blinkers are going on!

I bought the splice in type from webelectric products as well. They stopped working about a year ago and I haven't sent them back yet. I used heat shrink and electric tape to cover the wires real nice, but they still got wet from driving in the rain and now all of the factory wires are corroded inside the insulation. I'll probably buy the plug in harness, since my stock wires are shot.

My advice, if you are going to be driving your car in the rain, get the entire harness kit.