Anyone here into Jeeps?

• Sponsors (?)

I agree with everyone... I love Jeeps.... I6 is something else... my first jeep was a 92 Cherokee with 142k that i picked up for $800! Motor, Transfer Case, Transmission, etc. all were perfect. No problems beyond radiator and normal maintenance. After that I picked up a 99 Grand Cherokee Limited with the I6 4.0 with 184k miles. Bought it with a bad trans and swapped it out with another one and it ran perfect. Sold it with 205k miles, still sounded healthy and didnt burn any oil. You'll love it.

I had an 04 Wrangler for awhile. Like others have already said....the 4.0 6cyl is pretty bulletproof.

The mod bug hit me as well, I had it less than 2 months and had 32's on it with a 2" lift. It was my DD. Sold it bout a year later because I was getting about 13-14 mpg's out of it. Not very gas friendly.

Fun, great vehicle. Should last forever....having the option to drop the top was great. Damn thing went through anything and everything.

I'd say you could find some very n ice used Wranglers for your price range. I wouldn't suggest a Grand Cherokee either.

All my pics are at home, but I can post up a couple later.

Well, I look around at dealerships today and didnt find anything localy. Now I am thinking about trading in the mustang on a new 2008 escape.. I now I am retarded, but lately I have been thinking about getting rid of it all together.

Im tired of spending buckets of cash, I think I'd rather have something newer and nicer.

you will regret it. i have only gone 3 weeks without my stang due to having it fixed / upgraded.......and i am going crazy without my car. i love the sound and power of my cobra. and you have a supercharged one. while mine is down i have even been driving 2 nice cars a 2005 Lexus ES330 and a 2009 Lexus RX350. i just want my stang back.

Oh! Do both! A twin screw and a turbo.... and some naws dog! *white gangsta rapper voice* That would be the bomb!!!!

Or A bomb :leaving:

I have a wrangler(had it for 11 years) with the 4.0 fi engine. love it,I bought it to tow behind the motorhome and the wife needed an auto but I drive it every day to work. It has been a trouble free ride,only gets 17mpg and the ride is harsh. they also have kits to install a small block chevy and a small block ford in them if you choose(I have a 351 efi for mine)

I always liked Jeeps (mainly Wranglers), but I never owned one. At my old job, my boss had a beefed up Rubicon (6-speed). He let me drive it a few times. It's so badass:

rubicon_1.jpg

rubicon_2.jpg

Nothing like cruising with the top off on a nice day... Riding high. :nice:

Attachments

• rubicon_1.jpg
    rubicon_1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 68
  • rubicon_2.jpg
    rubicon_2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 37
Well, I will make my decision once my employer takes me off my 3-day work week or I get laid off.. I am leaning towards selling my performance parts and getting a new escape.. Time will tell..

Anyone else here work for a Boeing Supplier?

Is your stang and all performance parts paid for? If so, park it and put liability on it, get yourself a beater XJ for the mean time and when work picks up, maybe you move onto something else.

I personally wouldn't waste my time with an Escape. My wife's 06 Xterra on the other hand with 261 hp and 280 ft lbs of torque gets the same gas mileage as my buddies wife's 3L Escape.

Rav's with the 269 hp 2wd models fly.

Its got to be a Ford, Chevy or Dodge for me. Since I am a ford fan I picked out the Escape. The 09 has a 240hp 3.0l and a 6 speed auto. I might sell all my parts and save up for an 09 in the spring.. who knows.

The mustang and all the parts are paid for. I will try and sell my parts on Stangnet first, so I know they get a good home.