anyone hide their bottle?

• Sponsors (?)

it wouldnt do anything, as long as your doors not already on fire

really? how you figure... its not going to cause a fire but id rather not have a bottle come apart in my door... ever seen what happens when a nitrous bottles explodes? any idea what kinda pressure is in a nitrous bottle at temp?

this is why you dont leave them in your car during the summer also
bradspics124.jpg

bradspics032.jpg

really? how you figure... its not going to cause a fire but id rather not have a bottle come apart in my door... ever seen what happens when a nitrous bottles explodes? any idea what kinda pressure is in a nitrous bottle at temp?

bradspics124.jpg

bradspics032.jpg

that sucks, but i move mine in and out of the car most of the summer. Ive got really dark tint and it does just fine.

But ive seen bottles explode at 1000psi. Safety blows before a bottle grenades. Unless you modify the bottle, and then your just a jackass.

Id like to hear the story behind the Trans Am

that sucks, but i move mine in and out of the car most of the summer. Ive got really dark tint and it does just fine.

But ive seen bottles explode at 1000psi. Safety blows before a bottle grenades. Unless you modify the bottle, and then your just a jackass.

Id like to hear the story behind the Trans Am

youd be surpised how many people dont have the blow off disks. all the ones in the race car have them now but i know a few guys who dont have them. also most big racers use map gas or propane to heat bottles and over time it can weaken the bottle and it can blow before the disk goes also.

bradspics124.jpg

bradspics032.jpg

HAHAHAHA! I would have LOVED to see that.

youd be surpised how many people dont have the blow off disks. all the ones in the race car have them now but i know a few guys who dont have them. also most big racers use map gas or propane to heat bottles and over time it can weaken the bottle and it can blow before the disk goes also.

ive still got to wire up my bottle heater, but it seems to me that running a bottle without a safety release is pretty much driving around with a grenade in the trunk. Not a good idea.

Any story on the TA?

ive still got to wire up my bottle heater, but it seems to me that running a bottle without a safety release is pretty much driving around with a grenade in the trunk. Not a good idea.

Any story on the TA?

its one of those storys that got passed around the internet... dunno if it had a blow down on it or if it had any blow off disk on it. but it was left in the back hatch under the glass in the middle of the summer and KABOOM. atleast thats how i heard it

i know that the best way to mount the bottle in a TA puts it right up in the rear window, so i could see it getting cooked pretty fast.

Other than that, i dont see a need to hide nitrous.

They make small nitrous bottles for motorcycles. You could hide them throughout the car behind interior plastics. :shrug: It would be a ton of work ganging them all together, running lines, and opening/filling/warming them. It would really only be worth it to someone DEEP in the street racing scene, I think.

That was my thought, I only really see a need to hide it if used for street racing. And anyone with half a brain can spot nitrous nozzles and accessories. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Sneaky Pete???

Yeah, if 1000psi let loose from a 10+lbs bottle I would not want to be in that car!

Yup I see people heating the bottle with the torch at the track, that could cause problems especially with a high carbon flame in the same spot would make the metal brittle.

bradspics124.jpg

bradspics032.jpg

I dont believe for one second that that damage was caused by a exploding bottle,. Ive never seen a bottle without the high pressure release(set at like 1500psi I think)

I use to put 23-25 lbs in my 20lbs bottle, after filling it, once it warmed to room temp it'd be at @ 1100 psi, which made for a hellva first hit

The story I heard about that car was that it is an example of what happens when Chuck Norris borrows your car after eating beans. :D

What I mean is that it does not appear that car was hit, something obviously wanted out.

i buy it-look in the 1st pic the left rear quarter is bulged out, then look under the bumper skin, the actual impact material (grate like stuff) is unhurt. that would have been interesting trying to explain to insurance. :(

anyway, it just goes to show how important all the safety equipment is in this sport and its NEVER a good idea to temp fate. :notnice:

I dont believe for one second that that damage was caused by a exploding bottle,. Ive never seen a bottle without the high pressure release(set at like 1500psi I think)

I use to put 23-25 lbs in my 20lbs bottle, after filling it, once it warmed to room temp it'd be at @ 1100 psi, which made for a hellva first hit

You might want to rethink then, I've seen pictures of the bottle shrapnel. I spent 10 min. trying to find the article, but no success.