Anyone interested in an HID group purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed my HIDs about an hour ago, and the different is literally night and day. The light (4300k) is just like daylight, and makes such a difference.

I won't exaggerate and say it's 1000000000x better, but it really is 2-3x better than the sylvania I had previously.

There's minimal hot spots, and I aimed it a tad low, to help reduce the glare until I order projectors. All in all, very good buy.

Only problem is 1 of my ballasts makes a buzzing noise. Anyone else have that problem?

• Sponsors (?)

Stang|ess said:
Installed my HIDs about an hour ago, and the different is literally night and day. The light (4300k) is just like daylight, and makes such a difference.

I won't exaggerate and say it's 1000000000x better, but it really is 2-3x better than the sylvania I had previously.

There's minimal hot spots, and I aimed it a tad low, to help reduce the glare until I order projectors. All in all, very good buy.

Only problem is 1 of my ballasts makes a buzzing noise. Anyone else have that problem?

Can anyone who installed these take some pix of the engine bay and of the lights. I'd love to see them.

I just finished installing mine. Wasn't too bad at all. The only problem is that the harness is really long, so to finding a place for the bundle after you wire tie it up is the hardest part.

I ended up placing the passenger side ballast next to the hole in the fender where the snorkel would go and the driver side ballast against the battery, facing the driver.

Very easy install, but pictures with the instructions would have helped a lot.

Also, the two pins that plug into the driver side bulb socket seemed a bit loose, so I plugged them in and then kept the wire taut and I zip tied them to the wires going into the oem plug. Keeps it tight that way and they surely won't fall out.

It's still day so I can't aim them yet.

ill post pics tomorrow.

for the 2 wires that go into the drivers bulb thing, I zip tied it as well.

I put 1 ballast between my fuse box and batter, using a ziptie to secure it, then the other went right by the intake using another ziptie and 2x tape to hold it.

the wiring harness is ziptied to the fan wires, inbetween the shroud and the upper radiator hose.

who's the guy that had the projectors for sale? PM me :)

Here's Matt's email to me on the 8th:

"Hi Sanford,

I wanted to email you before I left for the day. All group purchase orders have been dropped off at either USPS or FedEx and all tracking numbers have been sent. I believe one member didnt get confirmation so I emailed him back. I want to personally thank everyone for their purchase! I DEEPLY apologize for it taking so long. It was a combination of having too few orders and a mix up with customs. The actual shipment was upheld for 20 days! Anyways, I want to make it up to everyone by offering a special discount on future purchases. Please have everyone use the code: ******* to take *% off any future purchase. Once again, big thanks go out to you for setting it up and being a medium between myself and the board members. I hope not too many of them hate us for the delay. Rest assured, this would never happen on single purchases off our site! Keep in touch and if you have any questions, dont hesitate to call or email me. Enjoy your Stang and be safe out there!

Matthew A. Bebawy, owner"

Just for you guys info....

san~man said:
Here's Matt's email to me on the 8th:

"Hi Sanford,

I wanted to email you before I left for the day. All group purchase orders have been dropped off at either USPS or FedEx and all tracking numbers have been sent. I believe one member didnt get confirmation so I emailed him back. I want to personally thank everyone for their purchase! I DEEPLY apologize for it taking so long. It was a combination of having too few orders and a mix up with customs. The actual shipment was upheld for 20 days! Anyways, I want to make it up to everyone by offering a special discount on future purchases. Please have everyone use the code: ******* to take *% off any future purchase. Once again, big thanks go out to you for setting it up and being a medium between myself and the board members. I hope not too many of them hate us for the delay. Rest assured, this would never happen on single purchases off our site! Keep in touch and if you have any questions, dont hesitate to call or email me. Enjoy your Stang and be safe out there!

Matthew A. Bebawy, owner"

Just for you guys info....

San, Can i get the code so I can order more stuff from stangmods?

Status
Not open for further replies.